GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GenX Retread

How is your COBB mounted?

I have a ProClip mount to hold my phone. They make several versions, none of which is permanent. Been using them for years. Mine mounts on the right side of the console. If you could fish the wire around back, your Cobb AP wouldn't be in the way of all your switchgear, vents, etc...
  2. GenX Retread

What are your favourite winter tires?

I run them Thanksgiving to Easter, in maple units. Last year it was -20°C and heavy snow the third week of October. When I lived further North I ran them year round on several trucks. The reason Canada isn't a superpower nation is because we have horrible weather. The forecast is for...
  3. GenX Retread

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I had a cat as a young kid that would come running when you whistled, and played fetch a little. A local guy's cat Gary is Reddit famous, because he takes him skiing, kayaking, hiking, etc. The cat seems to like it, and even has a ski pass with his picture on it; the guy doesn't seem to realize...
  4. GenX Retread

Tires went on today. The dealership tech was kind enough to mention that he removed one of the shipping pucks that got missed at the PDI (different dealership). So... yeah. This is how the springs are supposed to feel then? Nice. These Michelin X-Ice Snows are like other winter tires I've had...
  5. GenX Retread

Cats are NOT useless. They're perfectly useful and perfectly suited for keeping mice out of your shit. They are awful creatures that don't hide how much they hate you though. The Labrador Retriever is one of mankind's 3 redeeming achievements.
  6. GenX Retread

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I've not had the wheels off mine to look, but.. do these have a metal dust shield on the inside? I've had a stone get hung up between the rotor and dust shield MANY times on other vehicles. You wouldn't see it unless you took the caliper off to take the rotor off... I got good at getting them...
  7. GenX Retread

Maybe a rock stuck in the brake assy. somewhere. Wheel bearings usually roar or rumble.
  8. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

That's living dangerously! I'd have gone with gambling habit.
  9. GenX Retread

I washed and gassed it today. But really what I did, using some ruthless culling and Grandmaster level Tetris, is get her to fit in my single garage, along with 1 huge touring motorcycle, 1 small cruiser motorcycle, 1 fridge, 1 mechanic's toolbox, 2 generators, 2 bicycles, a shop vac, and...
  10. GenX Retread

LMFAO $25... If I could get the oil for anywhere close to that, I would. It's $16/L here. Scheduled maintenance is included on mine, but the interval is pretty long at 15K Km. I thought I'd swap filters halfway. I don't intend to keep the car beyond about 100K Km.
  11. GenX Retread

Does the oil filter and housing completely drain when the car sits? In other words, is it trivial to spin off the housing and replace the filter more often than replacing the oil?
  12. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

An even thin coat of mayo on bread or bun prior to toasting on the grill, is the way. Golden toasty!
  13. GenX Retread

The X-Ice snows are sitting waiting for install next Wednesday. Turns out those tires are made in Canada.
  14. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

There's no resolving osteoarthritis. The bones in my neck look like they're dissolving, which they more or less are. It does help with lumbar posture, which keeps the skull more balanced on top of C1, which is helpful.
  15. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

Here's my confession for today: LMFAO…. on the drive home (150Km commute, all highway/freeway) I was in a cat n’ mouse chase with 2 C6 Vettes, a guy in some kind of AMG Benz, and 2 meth heads in a clapped out Focus who were LITERALLY passing on the left hand shoulder trying to keep up. What a...
  16. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

I'm a trained Yoga teacher. It's for real. Unfortunately it can't cure the vicious arthritis I have in C2-C5, but it helps.
  17. GenX Retread

The Audi version of the ITU is to run the car under load above 3000rpm for a minimum of 20 minutes.
  18. GenX Retread

MK7 Confessions

There's German torque (goodntight), and there's monkey tight. That's it.
  19. GenX Retread

Love my GTI😍

Smooth as candy.
  20. GenX Retread

Spring is going to see a set of RSE10s go on mine, with new rubber, slightly lower springs and a RSB; I'd like to install drilled/slotted rotors too. What are you running there?