GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MeltedSolid

What are my tuning options for IS38 on a 1.8?

TD1 is because of flash count for the mk7.
  2. MeltedSolid

2015 Golf 110km with engine issues :(

oooooh, sorry, I misunderstood/misread, I thought you picked it up recently. That sucks, it's very rare for these engines to give out like that if they've been well maintained.
  3. MeltedSolid

2015 Golf 110km with engine issues :(

Timing chain failure? This does seem unusual. Maybe the past owner was really bad about oil changes?
  4. MeltedSolid

FS: $250 OBO JB4 w/ Data Cable Group 1-3

bump. DM me if you're interested.
  5. MeltedSolid

Anyone running a JB4 AND a IE Stage 2 tune?

Is it the CTS replacement IS38 or a hybrid? I don't think I've heard of CTS making an upgraded IS38, just a direct replacement. If you get a hybrid IS38, or something like the garrett stage 1 turbo, or anything else that's a bit larger, the JB4 would help if you're sticking with an OTS tune.
  6. MeltedSolid

The JB4 is blind to whatever tune you're using, it only sees data gathered from the sensors it intercepts and what it reads from the OBD2 cable. It'll work the same on a tuned car as on a stock car, but you couldn't run any of the pre-programmed maps, as they would try to run way too much boost...
  7. MeltedSolid

If you know what you're doing, it's totally fine and safe, but if you're reckless about it it's possible to hurt something.
  8. MeltedSolid

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

I just did my 2nd track day on the macan brakes last weekend, but I noticed after this track day the brakes started dragging. I had the 2psi residual pressure valve installed, and I uninstalled it today, and the brakes feel just as good as they used to. I'm not sure why this happened, but it's...
  9. MeltedSolid

Overheating problem

Sounds like maybe thermostat or hidden electrical issue, more likely the latter. Your water system won't change temperature by 30-40 C in a few seconds, so it's probably not a mechanical issue.
  10. MeltedSolid

If You Are In Need of Parts -- Good Samaritan Thread

5 pins for mpi (including the low pressure fuel sensor) and 1 pin for Flex Fuel. Not all of the 105 pins in the connector are filled, but I probably have something around 50 pins left.
  11. MeltedSolid

If You Are In Need of Parts -- Good Samaritan Thread

I bought a used 105 pin ECU connector to extract pins from to make a harness for MPI/Flex Fuel, so now I have a bunch of extra ECU pins with attached wires. If anyone wants some I can mail them out no charge.
  12. MeltedSolid

MK7 Confessions

I've tried "Golf 1.8t" before, but then you get people who are only familliar with the mk4, and they still say "oh, a GTI!" lol
  13. MeltedSolid

MK7 Confessions

When I tell people what I car I drive I usually say Golf, and they say something like "oh, cool GTI", and I'm like, no, but sure.
  14. MeltedSolid

FS: $250 OBO JB4 w/ Data Cable Group 1-3

bump Btw there seems to be some confusion about the groups of the JB4, considering all of the FS threads with the specified group in the title. All groups 1-3 are identical, this was on my 1.8t, but it will work the same on a GTI, golf R, A3, S3, sportwagen, alltrack, etc... There are no...
  15. MeltedSolid

Emissions Question - Help Needed!

I think VW is good about this, but I know all manufacturers aren't, so it's good to check. I had a co-worker recently have to get their 2020 honda re-flashed at the dealer with their CARB tune because she bought it out of state.