GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TheMechanicDude

Carbon Cleaning Questions

anyone else OCD looking at the dirt on the edge of the port? o_O
  2. TheMechanicDude

Best Shop South Florida (Miami-Dade//Broward)

Seems Chris rep has made its way into MK7’s
  3. TheMechanicDude

How to buy a used COBB AP?

Yes to screen shot of user name and unmarried. Model will tell TCU enabled. Assume you can’t carry custom TCU tune but can use Cobb and pay for your own. Might get a staged ECU tune from EQT etc that will work with car I saved a ton. Second used AP on two different cars. Due diligence will...
  4. TheMechanicDude

Turns out I bought a tuned CPO car

Dealer will have to fix car for length of “CPO” they have to honor. VWOA doesn’t GAF what dealer says the car is technically TD1 eligible. Another dealer can flag. Enjoy tune. Don’t leave dealer. They still offer APR? Push for stage 2 discount 🍑
  5. TheMechanicDude

Second speaker on pass side dead

Agreed very strange. Didn’t work on way to drop kids at school but worked after on way to work and all day since. I wiggled door harness and it did nothing. Wiggled connections in back and nothing. I did install a new ethanol gauge but IDK what that would do to it. May disco in the morning to...
  6. TheMechanicDude

Anyone in Broward CO. with OBD11?

PM incoming
  7. TheMechanicDude

ironically it came back on...
  8. TheMechanicDude

Bought car with rear passenger speaker dead. Paid deductible for VW to replace. Did some work on car and scanned after. Showed front passenger door speaker as dead. I remember speakers would burp when blown. These both just went “dead”. Is this common or am I dealing with a larger issue? Not...
  9. TheMechanicDude

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Not for rear O2 from what I’ve read. People require spacers and angles etc. I do think HPT can disable ot
  10. TheMechanicDude

Haven’t installed and I’m not sure I’d ever really even need stg1. Thought of getting inserts to swap down. Seems cheap enough. I guess I also realize I probably won’t go stage two due to OCD and seeing the CEL pop up all the time. Cars soooo much faster than my STG2 WRX was. feel I got a...
  11. TheMechanicDude

What did you do to your mk7 today?

You are correct. I withdraw my previous statement lol
  12. TheMechanicDude

Not sure about Stg2 mounts. Might list for sale. Anyone interested? OEM VW plate lights
  13. TheMechanicDude

Indy shop and used tank.
  14. TheMechanicDude

Anybody have experience with BOTH Sneeky & EQT?

I follow both on IG. SneekyTuned cars are fast. I do feel he’s got a lot on his plate and his responses might slow down. Seems to happen to most tuners as they grow.
  15. TheMechanicDude

Noise Under Quick Acceleration

+1 to traction control. It slamms the throttle plate closed. Also partial throttle will bleed boost off till WOT closes DV.
  16. TheMechanicDude

Width does effect speedo. Sidewall height will
  17. TheMechanicDude

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Thanks Chris. Hope you’re well
  18. TheMechanicDude

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Couple logs after the FMIC. Running E30 mix on the OTS tune https://datazap.me/u/themechanicdude/2x-e30-fmic-e29?log=1&data=1-3-8-14-19-35
  19. TheMechanicDude

Put Ruth’s in. Old plugs spaced out to .26. FMIC installed. What a difference staying cool makes. I do notice the xtra weight over the front. Ethanol gauge tells me I’m at 29.8
  20. TheMechanicDude

Is38 Turbo and other Parts FS

Bought my FMIC from OP. Great seller and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from again. I suggested he list his items here. gave personal cell Shipped UPS insured Josh