GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

Got a close up with the VW center cap? Might go with that look myself but I have 1-2 caps to replace
  2. J

Yeah I’m going to Discount Tire as well. Have used them on several cars over the last 20 years. I was going to do Tire Rack and have them mount them, but didn’t feel like storing the tires for weeks.
  3. J

So who is going to share the first installed photos?
  4. J

Yeah, I guess I’m not the only one checking it twice a day and seeing it still at anchor. Still need the A-Team… maybe they can find a Xbox Series-X on the boat at the same time. On the next round of wheels, I’m out, being in the south only need the one set and will still have my Austin’s in the...
  5. J

Got to be frustrating for them too, I mean the ship is right there! Hard to sell product when you can’t get it. Someone call the A-team to liberate the wheels.
  6. J

Thx, I’ll check your suggestion for sure, but still somewhat skeptical. I managed the computer hardware logistics center for my company for several years. Most of the time everything went as it should with thousands of deliveries a week. When did things get screwed up? Holds, reroutes, and early...
  7. J

Not a bad idea, but I trust the carriers as far as I can throw a brown truck. I have time yet, but if they don’t ship in several weeks will start to worry.
  8. J

I was going to PM this, but posing out since the question might be relevant to others. Given that the shipping/port delays have pushed out delivery a bit, we are getting into summer travel/vacation season. The last thing I want is for wait a few months for these and have the wheels show up on...
  9. J

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

I rinsed the skid-plate some time back and it improved, would have to remove it to do better. Seemed a lot of crap on it. I also had a radiator impact puncture in addition to the oil cooler and thermostat housing replacements—so it had to be leaking for a while from several spots. I was riding...
  10. J

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Saw this on my local group, class action suit over water pumps. 800 miles later, I still smell coolant after replacing everything. Leftover spill from the leak? who knows? It’s cooling better, but still kicks a stink when it gets hot. I came really close to selling at Carvana, but held on...
  11. J

Looks good. If AS4 were offered, I’d prob have jumped on them. Will get that locally. Also cool to have a stock suspension example.
  12. J

I got the same - important bits redacted. It came in the same minute as the charge email from the domain, so assumed legit. Also, if I recall, my password did not work till I used the link.
  13. J

Anyone else just get charged the deposit today and get a notification to set password in the system? I got two separate emails. I was wondering why the charge had not hit yet. Fine by me, punts payment to June…
  14. J

Getting close to the end.... Any suggestions on wheel ceramic coating? Recommendations from Apex? Looking for a good DYI solution that won’t mess things up, never done one before.
  15. J

It's probably the nicest bronze I've seen since the '76 Firebird, though I guess it was called gold then.... I'm sitting at anthracite or bust right now, I love the contrast of anthracite on the night blue GTI and its basically what I've been hunting for in a wheel. The black looks nice for...
  16. J

The guys in my local group are getting 17s, so not just you
  17. J

Edited, I must have gotten my tabs messed up when looking last night. 235/45/r17 ps AS4 are $169 at Discount. Now I’m tempted to switch, lol. Tough to choose
  18. J

I hear ya, and I might be able to be convinced otherwise, but I’m going with my gut on what is fit for purpose. I have Austin’s now and apex 18” clear nearly every BBK out there — eventually I’ll upgrade my non-pp’s. That 17 does look meaty though. The Michelin PS AS4 is more expensive in the...
  19. J

I pledged 18x8.5 in Anthracite just last night, so you are not alone. I have a night blue and that test fit photo with the 17” sealed the color for me. But as a DD that kissed the mountains in the south and has yet to see a track, 17s feel overmuch. Maybe I’ll regret it, curbed a wheel for the...
  20. J

Anyone got Enkei TS-7 wheels?

I've googled, searched the forums, and have yet to find a photo of the Enkei TS-7 on a MK7. Anyone running these wheels with photos to share? I'm looking at the TS-7 and TFRs on Tire Rack, I dig the 7-spoke design -- but the TS-7 looks a little more stout to me. Also wondering about weight...