GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Consumer Reports Used Cars to Avoid

CR is based off of the owner's perception of reliability and what they consider an issue vs maintenance. The problem here is that it's subjective. I, for example, had an rx7 before this. A car less reliable than a meth addicit. By that standard my mk7.5 is downright camry-esque in reliability...
  2. D

Consumer Reports Used Cars to Avoid

because you don't mount your 20mm on a non-reliable truck
  3. D

General G-Max RS

less about the wheels and more about the slight stretch on the tire firming up the sidewall, which was the only complaint I ever had about them
  4. D

General G-Max RS

I've had them on for maybe 2k miles so far. Originally had my 225/18 on the stock Austin wheels and I liked them well enough, even if the sidewall was a little softer. I swapped those same tires over to a 8.5 wheel so they've now got a stretch and...they're amazing.
  5. D

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I hit redline once in high school. Got mono. Never again.
  6. D

You beautiful soul
  7. D

Does anyone know what the part number is/where I can find the little volkswagen logo from the key fob? Mine fell off last week and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.
  8. D

WTB: MK7.5 Taillights (NAR region) OEM

What's the non stock taillight on there now? If they're euro tails I might be willing to do a swap.
  9. D

Integrated Engineering Intake Rusting

That is true. Very cathartic. I recommend taking a bat to it. Get some stress out.
  10. D

Integrated Engineering Intake Rusting

Rather than hucking it I'm sure someone here would be happy to take it and refinish it themselves. Hell if noone wants it I'll occupy a weekend with it.
  11. D

Ohhhh that looks good. Love it even more with the drop. I recently ordered the same diffuser (only in cf since I've got the ecs cf front lip). This reassures me I made the right choice.
  12. D

Possibly Stupid Spoiler Question...

I've had a few cars with spoilers and the short answer is no, nothing you'll really notice with a lip spoiler. The only time I've ever had the front end get light was on my z with a REALLY aggressive spoiler.
  13. D

FCP Euro’s Hottest Sale Of The Year

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-headlight-assembly-upgrade-kit-helix-hvwg75hlrd2 Any eta on when (if ever) these are coming back?
  14. D

Turning off service indication

I reset mine every 5k when I do my oil change for the oil change service and every 10k when I do the services. I am using obd11 to do it however rather than the dash method.
  15. D

I'm half expecting to not be able to reuse my coils, normally caused by my ape-like delicacy and penchant for swearing my way through every job I do. (And yet I enjoy that) With it being my daily an extra $100 for new coils is cheaper than the cost of a Uber to/from work and guarantees I'll...
  16. D

Thanks. That's what I figured I would do (like with most every other car) but I was surprised to see either the popularity of coil pullers or the effective marketing that makes them seem popular
  17. D

Just crossed 40k so it's time for spark plugs First...coil puller? Is it really that hard to pull the coils without this? Also outside of looking cool are the APR coils worth the near $100 difference to say these from usp...
  18. D

california new law

19. D

california new law

make statement. presented with facts to the contrary. jump through hoops in logic to insist original statement is true. ....to some degree I envy the self-confidence
  20. D

Looking for Advice/WTB Black Door Handles

This. Or if you don't want to paint in case you change your mind get a black 3m wrap