GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. carbon_gecko

MK8 illuminated exterior door handles retrofit

Okay so would retrofitting these work with door control modules or would modifying the handles be required...
  2. carbon_gecko

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

It utilized the lower airbox to front vent so still getting fresh air but truthfully the quality of the box mount is low.
  3. carbon_gecko

Installed my ebay special intake...basic and fitment was 8 out of 10, lesson: don't skimp on...

Installed my ebay special intake...basic and fitment was 8 out of 10, lesson: don't skimp on quality.
  4. carbon_gecko

Received and installed a high flow air filter. #ebayspecial
  5. carbon_gecko

Bought an OEM driver door latch and replaced this p.o.s.
  6. carbon_gecko

So due to rain my driver door latch failed. Spent the weekend installing a new one. Success.

So due to rain my driver door latch failed. Spent the weekend installing a new one. Success.
  7. carbon_gecko

Show us your MK7

16' mk7 golf "s" model
  8. carbon_gecko

[IMG]

9. carbon_gecko

[IMG]

10. carbon_gecko

[IMG]

11. carbon_gecko

climatronic retrofit?

Power to fuse 34 and
  12. carbon_gecko

Retrofitted leds in the backdoors and passenger dash trim...but its in white. SMH I need my red...

Retrofitted leds in the backdoors and passenger dash trim...but its in white. SMH I need my red leds from vw to get here soon.
  13. carbon_gecko

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

Of course I went with the unitronic issue stage 2 tune and 2ng gear in drive mode shifts early regardless of heavy power load or crusing. The highest it has gotten was in sport at 3500rpms.
  14. carbon_gecko

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

Just finished this and I gotta say I didn't expect the difference in shift points and boost variables. I guess I just got to get used to it, I also added a BOV. I might remove it later
  15. carbon_gecko

Stage 2 is20 complete, I am loving the power!

Stage 2 is20 complete, I am loving the power!
  16. carbon_gecko

Ambient light mod for trim above glove box ?

Sorry for reviving this post, I am doing this mod right now so I can tell you. I bought the led trim insert off aliexpress it came with a white led, the trim piece with the led diffuser, and wires to run and splice into your harness. I am splicing into the 12v ambient illumination in the center...
  17. carbon_gecko

What's the best/worst thing you've bought off AliExpress for your car?

Best thing was the mk7 climatronic headunit with wiring, worst was the "oem" tpms unit.
  18. carbon_gecko

Finally finished my interior swap kept the tan roof and upper pillars, black on the lower.

Finally finished my interior swap kept the tan roof and upper pillars, black on the lower.