GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jmblur

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

I can't find them claiming them to be made in USA or Japan, which gives it a 90% chance of being China. (Even Japan or Taiwan would hit the same shipping issues)
  2. jmblur

Those neuspeeds would have the same shipping issues as these. Ports are f*cked right now. Literally nothing Apex can do.
  3. jmblur

Looks like my poor PS4S are going to have to handle another autox! Maybe it'll be wet and they'll be competitive.
  4. jmblur

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Do you run any image stabilization? Sometimes I love hypersmooth, sometimes I hate it. I wish I could keep roll and pitch correction on but turn off yaw, would be perfect for auto use then.
  5. jmblur

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Good run! Recognize that track from MCM...
  6. jmblur

Did the GTI Clubsport S come with a strut bar?

Clubsport S doesn't have a strut bar, but I wouldn't read into that too much. A strut bar very well could require a new set of crash tests, which would make it nowhere near worth the dev cost. While it had more negative camber thanks to machining changes on the knuckles, it doesn't have...
  7. jmblur

Spring? Camber plates? Touge/Mountain Pass Setup

The Ohlins (and many of the track focused setups) give up some shock travel compared to OEM, so you can't drop spring rate much without running into travel issues.
  8. jmblur

Pollen Mayhem!! Big problems In my CAI !

Yeah, MA here. Been this way for the past 3-4 weeks. Especially bad this year it seems.
  9. jmblur

Yeeeeep. I could literally see clouds of pollen blowing off the trees next door the other day.
  10. jmblur

Sticking with OEM here, because... Yeah.
  11. jmblur

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Accidentally left mine off after strut brace install and didn't notice any temp change (but I wasn't looking for it), but there was noticeably more induction noise. Since I didn't realize I had left it off I thought something was wrong!:ROFLMAO:
  12. jmblur

I'm kinda sorta looking at an M2 comp so there will be plenty of throwing money into a bottomless pit if I go that route! Kinda hard to justify the jump in price over the R though, especially if it's a car I take to the track.
  13. jmblur

Yeah if I ever get serious about it I'll swap out the knuckles and install camber plates. Don't think anybody will care locally as long as I don't have both. I'm not so concerned about the cost as much as getting the best compromise between performance and comfort even if it costs a bit more...
  14. jmblur

New law suit over VW water pumps

They should be able to get this info in discovery. Since it's the same waterpump p/n as the other class action and the lawyers just missed them in that other case (I mean, they were only paid 2.4million, what do you expect for that?) They should be able to lean heavily on that data.
  15. jmblur

Help ma Bob! My R is smoking something on start-up

Ok, I was picturing gunshots. Should be fine to drive to the dealer, I wouldn't get too deep into boost though.
  16. jmblur

Clunking sound in front end

You can test this by dragging brakes while going over a bump that causes the issue. The brake friction will lock the pads in at the top of the calipers so they won't shift.
  17. jmblur

Can you pull codes? That would give a lot more info, but blue smoke on startup is a pretty typical symptom of valve stem seal failure. One more start probably won't kill it, but the backfiring is concerning. I'd wait for another opinion on here for just how concerning!
  18. jmblur

Definitely not normal. Blue smoke is oil. Valve stem seals are most likely culprit by far, followed by PCV. You've probably fouled plugs by this point which isn't helping, and could cause the backfire until the plug gets warm enough to burn off oil residue, but you can pull plugs to see if...
  19. jmblur

New law suit over VW water pumps

Glad this one actually includes the R. My first one failed at ~30k miles...
  20. jmblur

Yeah, may have found a backdoor to getting some relatively soon. Will know more in a week or so.