GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chogokin

Which lowering springs should I go with?

Have you looked at the Neuspeed Sport springs? They lower 1.1 front and rear and the spring rate isn't much higher than stock. Lowering: 2014-up Audi A3 8V FWD - 1.2" F / 1.3" R 2015-up VW GTI Mk7 - 1.1" F / 1.1" R 2015-up Golf Mk7 1.8L TSI - 1.6" F / 1.6" R Spring Rate: NEUSPEED Front...
  2. Chogokin

Some of these "OE" springs look pretty low. What's OE about them? The spring rates?
  3. Chogokin

New "Federal" CA Auto Emissions Standards Coming Next Year?

Cars today are running a heck of a lot cleaner than they did back in the 70's and 80's. Imagine what our air quality would be like if emissions did not get regulated...we'd have smog so thick you'd be able to cut it with a knife. With that said...I do feel that something like an intake needing...
  4. Chogokin

19in neuspeed wheels

Holy smokes! These would have been sold yesterday if in So Cal.
  5. Chogokin

New "Federal" CA Auto Emissions Standards Coming Next Year?

Has anyone here commenting lived in CA in the 80's? I remember back in the 80's we had something called a "smog alert". Those were the days when the smog was so thick that you can see it hovering over the city. We still do get days like that...but nowhere near as bad as it was in the 80's...
  6. Chogokin

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Slow Driver Gtifan Compensates Lap Times By Hurling Insults on Internet

I bet that's the first time a lot of people first saw the FTO. There is an old Jackie Chan film from the 90's where there was a bunch of modified cars. The FTO was in it. It was a pretty popular back in the day. I used to get this JDM magazine called "Option". It was featured pretty often...
  7. Chogokin

That's the thing...they are opinions. Most will recommend what they have or like. A lot of the lowering springs are designed around the stock dampers. Some companies will list their spring rates. If you look...the rates are not significantly higher than the stock. At only 20k miles...I think...
  8. Chogokin

I never thought I'd post this - LED retrofits

I wouldn't mind come brighter bulbs for the halogens on my A3. I have flashlights that are brighter.
  9. Chogokin

June issue Car and Driver magazine Mark 8 on the cover!

Its an old school color. I think it came out with the Mk2.
  10. Chogokin

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Slow Driver Gtifan Compensates Lap Times By Hurling Insults on Internet

I think people should absolutely take time off...if they are sick. If you work in an environment where you are not in close proximity with people...then transmitting your cold won't be an issue...but if you work in an office space and the person in the next cube is coughing and sneezing for...
  11. Chogokin

I honestly think people should stay home when they are sick. They go to work sick and get other people sick...because they don't want to use their sick days. I've seen people sneeze into their hands...then grab the door handle.
  12. Chogokin

My window is usually from Dec to Feb for getting a cold. No cold this year...since my GF is now working from home.
  13. Chogokin

This A friend of mine would get sick several times a year. Mostly from his daughter bringing it home from school. He did not get sick all of last year since there was no in person school and no weekend birthday parties. Same with me and my dad. He would get sick at least once a year from his...
  14. Chogokin

To DSG or not to DSG…?

That's a negative Ghost Rider.
  15. Chogokin

New law suit over VW water pumps

Have you checked the fitting by the turbo? I also have a slow leak that I can't seem to find. I'll smell coolant here and there...but not all the time. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk7-gti-coolant-leak-video.374132/
  16. Chogokin

What is the most stealth hitch?

Bikes on the roof are scary on windy days too. I went the cheap route and got a Curt.
  17. Chogokin

Mk7 gti coolant leak (video)

Holy smokes Dr Jones...I think this is where my coolant leak might be coming from. I would randomly smell coolant...but could never find any leaks around the waterpump or reservoir bottle. Is that a wet spot around the bolt?
  18. Chogokin

To DSG or not to DSG…?

I still haven't seen Two Girls One Cup...and I don't ever plan on doing it.