GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. turbojzrr

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Thats an amazing time on what appears to be OE tires! for the CSS knuckles, did you have to get the Audi bearings or did the OEM bearings work? I didn't read about any BBK so I assume they are PP brakes? If so, they hold up ok on DS2500 pads?
  2. turbojzrr

I'm curious to hear what you think is the most noticeable difference between the Macan's and the ST60? I am still on OE PP brakes was looking to upgrade to Macan's until I read your post. By the way, which wheels are you on that could fit the ST60's?
  3. turbojzrr

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

yeah that does make sense. I also never drove my Golf hard without the rear sways so I never felt the understeer that people always complain about. My car though suffers under braking which makes me let off the gas much earlier and also brake earlier as I don't trust it. I would likely get...
  4. turbojzrr

you mean my car should be faster than stock due to A052 and rear sways?
  5. turbojzrr

wow 45 WHP is a healthy amount! My car vs yours will likely run very much the same as the time we simulated in GT Sport! I'm only on 235 width stock tire size though, which will make me slower than you both in the straight and also in corners. Except perhaps corner exit for turn 2
  6. turbojzrr

Great video and summary. I got a lot of time left on the table on LS as well.
  7. turbojzrr

Dude! 1:47's is faster than Randy Pobst!! Nice going! Curious which mods would you attribute the most to the 3 seconds?
  8. turbojzrr

Performance Pack/Golf R Brakes- ABS vs. Threshold Braking

I believe this depends a lot on the tires you’re on and the turn that follows. Yes it’s best to brake as late as possible but if you are doing a massive braking into a hairpin turn, your front tires are likely at a point of over heating by the time your braking is done and you won’t have as...
  9. turbojzrr

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Am I reading it correctly that RPF1's you got are 5x114? I didn't think they come ET45 with 5x112, and if so, they will clear with a 10mm spacer?
  10. turbojzrr

curious what prompted the return to stock muffler? I thought it'd sound pretty bad ass?
  11. turbojzrr

nice!!! so many VW's and so many oryx white! Is it my eyes or is the second white one from the left still got the front rotors glowing red?
  12. turbojzrr

Wedssport SA-10R

you can pickup these weds wheels with a pretty good deal from a shop in LA. As Will mentioned, the TC105x are the current flagship wheels from Weds. I was surprised how little it weighed and looks are quite distinct on a Golf.
  13. turbojzrr

Thats a hell of a improvement in times! How much of it would you attribute it to car improvements vs driver mod?
  14. turbojzrr

Makes sense. By the way for your brembo swap, did you find the need to rebuild it with the high heat seals before install?
  15. turbojzrr

Looks like you have 2 cars that will do almost the same laptime @ Laguna Seca now. One of them has more power than cornering while the other one has more cornering than power :) Best of both worlds.
  16. turbojzrr

Cliff's Grey Hare

Seems like it was time well spent. Came out really well!
  17. turbojzrr

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

are the wheel locks conical or ball? nuts or studs?
  18. turbojzrr

EQT coilovers - an honest review

Sounds good! Yes I meant "OVER stock suspension". I know some fancy Coilovers actually still retains helper springs to make the drive very compliant on normal street roads while still having amazing track potential. The GT2RS MR that laps the Nordschleife in 6:40 is one such example. I want...
  19. turbojzrr

EQT coilovers - an honest review

How's the ride quality of stock?
  20. turbojzrr

Stock GTI 1'51" at Laguna, what's next?

This was a super cool simulation 4wd mqb vs JB4 Gti! Good driving and we were basically side by side most of the race