GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

UPDATE! I did a clutch delay valve delete and it is a WAY more connected experience! So much so that the car launches forward on my first drive lol. I ended up doing the process alone which made the bleeding of the clutch a bit difficult. The trick is putting something heavy to keep the clutch...
  2. Shadowtuy

What's "normal" for a VW 6mt

I had an issue with 1st when my Shifter was misaligned. I redid it with a hex key and 1st became impossible to grab unless I pushed into the wall of it and slid forward. The diesel geek alignment pin fixed it and it's perfect now! I'm envious of your mods btw
  3. Shadowtuy

Best way to wire up RGB footwell lighting?

After digging around, I am unsure where to tap into. I was thinking the fuse for interior lighting if I could find it.
  4. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

Had my steering allignment down and it feels way better somehow. I guess it was way off.
  5. Shadowtuy

Got it, I figured it wouldn't. Maybe I could patch into the foot well lighting with that cable so it turns on when I open the door and what not.
  6. Shadowtuy

I was given a OPT7 Lighting kit from my friend as a congratz on getting a good car gift. I'm trying to brainstorm on the best way to wire it in complicated or easy. It uses a cigarette lighter for power and that would look terrible. It has a remote to control the light color as well. My GTI...
  7. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

Ya it's my first manual, I'm still trying to take off smooth! Some days I get so annoyed when I get that jerk feeling. I'm noticing I shift better in snow boots over my skate shoes...😂😂
  8. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

I wasn't like accelerating, more of keeping the throttle up around 1-1.5k. The sound could be just water on something from a puddle. I'm probably just being nervous but I love this car and I desperately want to be good to it. 🥺
  9. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

So today I rolled into 2nd going like 8MPH. I think I heard my clutch slipping or maybe something else. That being said ...what does that sound like? And what does burning clutch smell like?
  10. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

Wow! My pour car! Ok when it suggests shifting to higher gears putting me at 1.5k say I'm just on the highway or cruising. It felt kinda odd just seeing the gauge at 2k the whole drive since I'm used to the car being quiet my whole drive.
  11. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

So I usually try to keep RPM low for gas mileage so like 1.5K. What is a better rev target? 2k?
  12. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

No no I usually roll into it gently till the motor sounds more "lively"
  13. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

so 10mph is ok?
  14. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

its like a rare feeling like 2 out of 10. It does feel like a delay between the two.
  15. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

I have new questions! 1.How would I know if I am burning or Appling unnecessary wear on the clutch? 2.Occasionally I get a lag feeling when letting the clutch back out. (like it takes a second for the two to connect if that makes sense.) Is it just me letting the clutch out too fast? 3.What...
  16. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

So I have say I'm getting better, 2nd does not feel nearly as bad! Shifting faster and a bit cocky (no grinding or launching.) Tho I still have to work on not focusing on what other drivers think of me so I don't get inside my own head. Thanks again everyone! very supportive! Much love!
  17. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

Alright so since I really couldn't control how many threads would come out I ended up just redoing the alignment while being more careful. (Instructions too complicated, hand stuck in ice maker) lol. So far no issues in 2nd gear, I'll keep driving around and see how I feel.
  18. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and keep the pin in my car just incase.
  19. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

I'm not exactly sure on how to do that. Like twist the shift end linkage?
  20. Shadowtuy

NOOB to Stick

Alright my mad lads! So I got the new shifter alignment pin and went for a drive! 1st and 2nd have almost no wiggle and everything shifts pretty solid! I did notice that sometimes 1st doesn't want to go in. Did I align it incorrectly?