GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Post your Engine failures

Yes, correct, it is a MT. Thought did cross my mind when I was looking for common causes of engine failure on the MK7, but I didn't get any of the warning signs or fault codes. Could still be the case, car is an early '15. I'll never know for sure I guess.
  2. S

Indeed. But as the car is 6 years old, no more warranty so I depend on goodwill. I opened a case at VW Germany customer care, don't know what to expect as I am Belgian.
  3. S

Obviously, this seems to be what the Germam dealer did. But it is used as a reason for denying compensation (normally they offer 50% of the cost if car<6years and full maintenance records)
  4. S

Well, they showed me the car today. I obviously can't see if the chain is stretched, but I saw the scoring on valve cover and camshafts. I too don't believe the missed maintenance has anything to do with the failure, unfortunately it has everything to do with the fact VW is not offering...
  5. S

Going to bump this one again, got a total engine failure on my mk7 gti 2015. The car was stock, a little over 20k miles on the clock and regularly maintained by me at vw dealer. Timing chain stretch, camshaft and crank damaged. When I say it was maintained "by me" at a VW dealer, I mean I...
  6. S

deautokey europe alternative

Has anyone found a europe-based alternative to a LED offering similar to Deautokey's? Interested but not willing to pay Customs and import charges :D