GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Yeah I was a bit surprised about the wear. I actually had some inner edge wear as well so my alignment may have been worse that I thought. I aligned myself using tow plates and a camber guage since I ran out of time preparing the car. I also ran high pressures to compensate, but we will see what...
  2. N

Oem tire size, but continental extreme contact sport, so definitely better than the actual oem tires. I did reuse my own VW wheel bearings as they were in good condition. They fit perfectly and from what I've read are the same as the Audi version. Yes stock brakes with neuspeed stainless steel...
  3. N

Thanks! It was a Speed SF event. There was a fair number of other cars on track, but I somehow managed to get a lap with no traffic whatsoever. The whole run group must've been bunched up on the opposite side! The setup resulted in around -2.6° camber up front. I was still getting a lot of...
  4. N

Track name: Laguna Seca Track location: Monterey, CA Lap time: 1:49.47 Year/model: 2018 GTI Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3150lbs? Estimated wheel horsepower: APR Stage 1 HT Fuel: 91 Oct. Tire size and model: 225/40-18 Continental Extreme Contact Sport Estimated ambient...
  5. N

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

I've always heard great things about Vorshlag so I think I'll give them a try this time. Not too concerned about lowering as I keep telling myself to keep this car practical haha. I haven't been a huge fan of the GC products I've tried in the past, but the MK7 plates do look nice at least from a...
  6. N

Good to know! Right now with 225/40-18 tires at 33 psi I'm at 25.75" in front and 26.4" in back fender to ground.
  7. N

I'm considering upping the rear spring rates in my car. Still a bit pushy with the 400/575 setup I have now. Regarding front camber, I was trying out the Eurosport offset inserts with the OEM mounts along with CSS knuckles. I thought it would be a good solution for a street driven car without...
  8. N

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

Wider wheels are tires are certainly on my short list of next mods. Regarding the hydraulic brake assist, I wonder if the "adding pressure when stopped" mentioned above is the weirdness I felt after the changes I made. It seems like after stepping on the brake when stopped, the pedal will slowly...
  9. N

I would second recommending 3DM. I ended up going through them as they offered custom rate swift springs for no extra cost. Barry certainly sounded like he knew his stuff and was very nice/helpful. I kept with the stock valving as I ended up with 7k front and 10k rear springs. Also went with 8"...
  10. N

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

What's the verdict on disabling RRO? Anyone find any downside yet? I did my first obd11 mods on my 2018 MK7 5 GTI SE. So far I've made the following changes: VAQ set to increased traction Straight ahead brake stabilization disabled Hydraulic brake assistance disabled Soundactor to off Esc...
  11. N

Mk7 GTI Stern Rear Brace review (and iSweep) - 8.5/10, great mod!

I found your thread on the same issue. Mine looks about the same. No issue with sway bar clearence, just the gap to the subframe towards the back of the car. I'm a bit hesitant to just tighten everything down untill it closes the gap since the brace seems a lot stronger than the metal on the...
  12. N

Mk7 GTI Stern Rear Brace review (and iSweep) - 8.5/10, great mod!

Just intalled my stern brace tonight and it seemed a bit short in all directions. I used a couple washers on the rear bolt to take out the slack, but I'd assume that makes the whole thing a bit less rigid. Definitely wouldn't make full contact with the rear cross member just by tightening it down.
  13. N

2017 GTi PP at VIR

That's so awesome! Good job doing all that on jack stands!! Which APR tune did you go with? The golf R stage 1 HT?
  14. N

I got mine for about $200 off during the winter holiday sales a few months back. That was the cheapest I had seem them. Down time will be a drag, but definitely worth it considering their performance and it will be a lot cheaper than buying a new set of PSS10 shocks or similar setup when...
  15. N

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

Happen to have the part number for that thermostat and any other parts needed? What size cooler are you using and is it mounted in the usual VWR location? I assume you got rid of the VWR pressure relief sandwich plate to use the thermostat instead? How are temps on the street on colder day...
  16. N

Still on stock lca and bushings (avoiding poly bushings for now). I'm waiting for an audi aluminum subframe, deadset kit, and ttrs control arm bushings before getting an alignment done. Using an unreliable at home camber guage and not taking care to position my upper strut mounts to the car...
  17. N

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

Was anyone successful in adding a thermostat to the VWR kit or creating a fairly easy to install solution that worked on the street as well?
  18. N

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Lots of great information in this thread!! I'm curious what your plans are for the oil cooler. Do you still plan on using the Setrab cooler with parts from the VWR kit? Any other parts added? I'm about to start piecing together some cooling upgrades and am wondering if you would do anything...
  19. N

Forgot to post the numbers, but measuring from the ground with 225/40-18 tires at 33 psi I'm at 25.75in. in front and 26.4in. in back.
  20. N

Coilover Kit Information

Maybe that or stick with the steel control arms and upgraded bushings instead...