GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. StealthGTI

Mk7 Art, Line Drawings, or Graphics?

Just the major body lines would be cool. I don't think I have the skills to make something that I'd be happy with. I played with some ideas that I had used many years ago and came up with this: I'm not sure if I'm staying with the orange ring. I chose it to blend with the sunset sky. But the...
  2. StealthGTI

HAHA! Thanks! The antennas and wheels are the only things that make the car uniquely mine. :cool:
  3. StealthGTI

Hello, I'm kicking around some ideas for a logo for my website and YT channel. I'm currently playing around with a simple, solid profile of a generic hatchback that looks "close enough" to a Mk7. Then I had a recollection of some line drawings or art of some sort here. I don't know how to...
  4. StealthGTI

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

HAHA! Yeah, that's my first time seeing "bustin' dicks" as a compliment. I LOL'd! That IS a sweet photo of your car, though!
  5. StealthGTI

IS38 Upgrade Question

I just read some "fine print" at FCP and saw the following, which may explain what my mechanic saw as a "seized" turbo: "IHI IS38 Turbochargers come with a abradable coating which allows for the wheel to cut out its own clearance upon use which then creates a specific wheel contour unique to...
  6. StealthGTI

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

Bumping to keep us thinking about this... My schedule is opening up BIG time after May 14th. I should be able to join you any day of the week after that. :p
  7. StealthGTI

IS38 Upgrade Question

I think this applies more to "lifetime warranties" from AutoZone than FCP (at least I hope that's the case), but I often compare "lifetime warranties" to going to a restaurant with bad food just because they offer free second servings or a buffet. :p I tend to believe FCP products are better...
  8. StealthGTI

Immature kids and their BOVs

As I read your post, I thought "substitute pops and bangs" for "BOV." Looks like I wasn't the first to think it. HAHA! I'm building a video about my mods and shot a sequence that begins with "No, I didn't get the pops and bangs..." followed by a small rant. I'll probably leave it out of the...
  9. StealthGTI

APR DP with stock catback

This video has a sound comparison, with and without the Vibrant resonator... Wear headphones to get the full effect.
  10. StealthGTI

IS38 in Hampton Roads?

Hello - Does anyone in Hampton Roads have an IS38 laying around that I can see? I'm interested in photographing it side-by-side with an IS20, which I have. I can come to you. Thanks!
  11. StealthGTI

Ihi is38 vs OEM is38

My trusted mechanic made an interesting claim about IHI vs OEM: He said he's had two or more IS38s supplied by customers that were branded by IHI. One was seized and another had shaft play. I think he noticed some inconsistencies in the casting on another. He said that the product boxes said...
  12. StealthGTI

IS20 Turbo Longevity

I have 128,000 miles on my IS20. I went APR Stage 1 at 17k, then Stage 2 around 34k. My driving style is mostly easy-going with occasional romps. Most of my oil changes were at 10k intervals, with some shorter due to oil pan leak repairs or prior to extended road trips. I will inspect the turbo...
  13. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

What a coincidence! I was stationed at the Coast Guard recruiting office in El Paso from 1999-2001. I worked at the MEPS two days per week. My daughter was born at Ft Bliss in 2000. She eventually got to drive the same 1998 Jetta TDI that brought her home from the hospital. (y)
  14. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

HAHA! My daughter and I were there in August 2011. It'd be funny if it was us!
  15. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

Oops! I missed a couple of posts or questions: I haven't needed a spare tire in over 35 years! But I still carry them. Depending on which photo you're looking at, you may have seen a photo with just a trailer spare (left side), just a GTI spare (right side), or both. If you're packing a...
  16. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

Thanks! That's pretty cool! You could have pushed her down the slope if she had said no. :ROFLMAO: Just kidding! My White Sands video will feature a photo of my daughter wiping-out during a sled ride down the dunes. It was a warped image that entered my head when visualizing a proposal there...
  17. StealthGTI

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Taken during a recent 7600-mile road trip...
  18. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

I finished processing the Texas and White Sands photos from my DSLR. I had already shared photos of the Falkenstein Castle. The DSLR photos have deeper color, I think. Plus, I was able to manipulate the image to give the illusion that I'm closer to the castle. See the difference... Then...
  19. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

Thanks! BTW, I forgot to share my fuel economy stats. Being a former TDI owner, I still love to track it. Come to think of it, I tracked MPGs from the day I got my first car, a 1973 Beetle in 1986. Overall, I drove 7668 miles and burned 352 gallons of premium unleaded. That puts my overall fuel...
  20. StealthGTI

VA-CA-VA... Again!

The end of the trip is near... HAHA! I wish I was more like Bruce Wayne. 🤑 It was a little more than just a CFS sandwich. It had fried eggs and country gravy on it, too! Yummy! As I was digging in my suitcase and deciding what to wear, I saw a strange color that surely was not my normal...