GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Installing SportWagen Roof Rack Crossbars

I'm late to the part, I know, but the one thing I wanted to know (not covered in your video) is *where* to place the bars along the factory rails. Everything else is pretty self-obvious (open lid, tighten 5mm allen bolt, etc); knowing the distance back from windshield the front bar should be...
  2. N

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

If you don't want that malware-laden experience at zippyshare.com (seriously - PLEASE don't post links to garbage sites like that), here's a direct link to a .pdf. And one showing the dimensions.
  3. N

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

Given that you were lamenting how people said they fixed issues or found proper settings but never explained how, could you post what you did to get rid of the errors, as well as what "tube_version" you used to get the "R"-style cluster look?
  4. N

My experience has been that, until / unless the camera is calibrated, it offers no functionality at all. Mine not only didn't work with high beam assist, but the rain sensor also didn't work.
  5. N

Not really following; got a photo of what you did here?
  6. N

Lane Assist Camera - Need help with Windshield and trims Part Numbers

Not to speak for doctor, but I don't know how much he's on this forum, so... I was chatting with him yesterday and explicitly asked that question, and he confirmed - 3Q0 camera and 5Q0 907 541 round radar are incompatible. Functionality of 3QF radar is also greatly enhanced from the limited...
  7. N

Great info, doctor! Thank you for providing all of the information. I've placed my order for radar 3QF907561D. Will contact you when it comes in.
  8. N

Mk7 Golf mirror caps with side assist (Arteon style)

Very similar to my thoughts. To that end, I bought some simple round amber LED "marker" lights (shipping from China); gonna see if I can hack a reasonable-looking cut-out in a spare mirror cap i have. I would think/hope that I could then just tap the "hot" and ground wire that blinks the BSM glass.
  9. N

I took mine to a local sign-printing shop. They could only print 36" wide, so it required an additional "page" that I just taped to the bottom of "page 1". My camera recognized the target, but as previously discussed here, camera alignment is a challenge.
  10. N

The 3Q0 camera is incompatible with the 5Q0 radar sensor. A couple of the remote coding guru guys told me that. I'd thought about, then, getting a 3Q0 radar sensor, but was led to believe that there was parameterization issues with the 3Q0 camera on a 2015 NAR GSW. Granted, this was a while...
  11. N

Here's the label on the windshield, and the interior mounting bracket for the 3Q0 camera (my stock pre-retrofit attempt mirror rain sensor attached). Temperate climate of the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver Island, in Canada) makes the greatest threat to windshields logging trucks and the detritus...
  12. N

I got glass that has the mount for the 3Q0 camera - made by Fuyao; sorry I don't have a copy of the work order with a part number on it. And just as an aside, even though my previous windshield was "fine" (i.e., not cracked or in need of replacement), I'm quite impressed with how much better...
  13. N

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Naw - I just lean them up against a wall in a tight corner of the garage; if they were to slip, they'd only slide about 2ft. (My garage isn't nearly as nice as yours). Here's mine in action - with only one of the support blocks; I could get the car another couple inches higher if needed (I...
  14. N

I have a 5000SLX QuickJack; works fine for my the mk4 and Mk7 vehicles in my life. Highly recommended.
  15. N

Basically involves some time-delay relays (NE555). I'd already drilled out the opening for the rear fog position on the inner (hatch) tail light section and installed red LEDs in all three positions (rear fog, inner tail, outer tail), and coded them to act in unison - so signaling or braking...
  16. N

Poor-man's dynamic tail light retrofit on the 2015 Sportwagen (red LEDs help pull this off). Working on a solution now for the resultant "bulb-out" error I get from the outer light because of the delay. Update: One of those "bulb out canceler" load resistors (pictured below) solved the...
  17. N

I have the Motiv bleeder, and have run at least 2L of fluid through it. VCDS didn't have anything to activate the ABS pump, but I did find a process in ODIS...just wondering if I need to do it multiple times, if doing old-timey two-person setup works better, etc.(?) That looks so sharp! There...
  18. N

Ever since I swapped out my ABS pump, I've had a soft pedal. What did you do to bleed - just the two-person "pedal down-->open--->close-->pedal up"? Or was there more to it than that? On my GSW...finally decided to punt on my "lane assist" retrofit as I couldn't get it calibrated with the...
  19. N

PDC Retrofit Question

pm'd