GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tyler Durden

Freely rotate front wheel?

Hi All, After looking at the rusty rotor hats for the last 6 months I decided they needed to go and set about cleaning them up, removing all the rust and painting them silver to match the OEM new look. The rears have been done and look superb but now the fronts..... My Mk7 is DSG with euro...
  2. Tyler Durden

A year on.....Body flex issues

It's now 14 months into the ownership of my current Mk7 Golf, nothing to report on the gearbox or engine, all good. However one issue which has been present since day one and has driven me nuts is the old galleon creeking of the doors, it's really bad and yesterday I cleaned all the door...
  3. Tyler Durden

Things which irritate me on this forum

What annoys you lot? For me these are the two most irritating behaviours on this forum - 1. People referring to themselves in the third party - i.e. (insert user name here)'s GTI / GT / GTD / R..... I'm sure most here are adults and not too self important to refer to themselves in the third...
  4. Tyler Durden

VCDS mods to DRL indicating

Has anyone here figured out the setting for the following mods? LED DRL blinks in opposite phase to indicator - https://youtu.be/JXxIaNbHr2E?list=PLfbZtq6EMuETEoTaf5gQiZaYNJDOySJQ8 LED DRL blinks in same phase to indicator - https://youtu.be/3RUbSMWrzBo?list=PLfbZtq6EMuETEoTaf5gQiZaYNJDOySJQ8
  5. Tyler Durden

Interesting R....

Never seen one of these before, via facebook. https://www.facebook.com/RealManUsesThreePedalsVW/posts/990995657627597
  6. Tyler Durden

LED License plate resistor heat

Just wondering how hot the resistors are likely to get, some of the third party retrofit kits have some hefty heat sinks. Would they get hot enough to cause heat damage to plastic trim or the bumper?
  7. Tyler Durden

VW Service Humour

This was shared via a local VW enthusiast FB page.... Almost as good as chambered spacers...
  8. Tyler Durden

Poorboys World

Anyone here have any experience of Poorboys World detailing products? I've just ordered a load of stuff after trying out the Black Hole. Cheers.
  9. Tyler Durden

ACC & Start-stop system Faults

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - The car came up with a load of errors on the dash when I started the car up on Saturday evening, it eventually settled down and gave an ACC error and Start-stop system error, the car also idled rough, I restarted the car but the same errors...
  10. Tyler Durden

Kingsman

Just got back from the cinema, thoroughly enjoyed this movie and the church scene will satisfy the ultraviolence of any droog.
  11. Tyler Durden

Paint trap

On my commute to work this morning some kind individual spilt a shitload of white paint all over a roundabout approx 10 minutes before I arrived at the roundabout. It was all over 60% of the roundabout including both entry lanes from my direction. I had no choice but to drive through it. The...
  12. Tyler Durden

Static light cornering MY13 to MY15 (with Xenons)

I made an interesting observation about an hour ago, my current Xenon equiped MY15 Highline uses the headlights for static cornering wheas my first MK7 (MY13) with the same optioned Xenons (LED Bi-Xenons with dynamic lighting) used a secondary bulb in the fog light housing for static cornering...
  13. Tyler Durden

Bi-Xenon headlight access?

Dirty Bi-Xenon headlight access? Hi, Is the Bi-Xenon headlight unit permanently sealed or can it be stripped down for cleaning or modification? One of my headlights has a permanent cloudy film on the inside of the lens and crap all over the xenon ball lens which projects onto the lens and is...
  14. Tyler Durden

Merry Christmas

15. Tyler Durden

Random Stuff

16. Tyler Durden

Electric shocks

Just throwing this out there - I keep getting electric shocks when exiting my current Mk7 Golf, either from the door or when reaching back into the car to remove the key. I know logically I am somehow being charged and discharged through the car (I hope it is that way around) what I do not...
  17. Tyler Durden

Site offline?

Its been 24 hours or so since I was last able to contact this site, the server appears to have been offline. Anyone else experience this? Glad its back :)
  18. Tyler Durden

Just got reversed into

Pulling out of a car park, for some completely unknown reason the vehicle in front of me started to reverse. Despite my desperate whacking on the horn they continued to my disbelief until they hit me. It was a light impact but enough to scratch it up and put a crease in the bumper under my...
  19. Tyler Durden

Spot the manual erratum