GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tyler Durden

Freely rotate front wheel?

Hi All, After looking at the rusty rotor hats for the last 6 months I decided they needed to go and set about cleaning them up, removing all the rust and painting them silver to match the OEM new look. The rears have been done and look superb but now the fronts..... My Mk7 is DSG with euro...
  2. Tyler Durden

What movie car would you have???

Mr Beans Mini........
  3. Tyler Durden

A year on.....Body flex issues

It's now 14 months into the ownership of my current Mk7 Golf, nothing to report on the gearbox or engine, all good. However one issue which has been present since day one and has driven me nuts is the old galleon creeking of the doors, it's really bad and yesterday I cleaned all the door...
  4. Tyler Durden

Things which irritate me on this forum

Ah, Marvin...he was a barrel of laughs! He reminded me of that depressed robot from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.
  5. Tyler Durden

Someone moderated my ass off here in my former guise after I locked horns with some Brazilians and their illegal behaviour and the much missed and highly knowledgeable in things VW - The Bruce was also booted from these parts for his sometimes abrasive nature. I was WolksVagen.......I do prefer...
  6. Tyler Durden

What annoys you lot? For me these are the two most irritating behaviours on this forum - 1. People referring to themselves in the third party - i.e. (insert user name here)'s GTI / GT / GTD / R..... I'm sure most here are adults and not too self important to refer to themselves in the third...
  7. Tyler Durden

VCDS mods to DRL indicating

Has anyone here figured out the setting for the following mods? LED DRL blinks in opposite phase to indicator - https://youtu.be/JXxIaNbHr2E?list=PLfbZtq6EMuETEoTaf5gQiZaYNJDOySJQ8 LED DRL blinks in same phase to indicator - https://youtu.be/3RUbSMWrzBo?list=PLfbZtq6EMuETEoTaf5gQiZaYNJDOySJQ8
  8. Tyler Durden

Interesting R....

Never seen one of these before, via facebook. https://www.facebook.com/RealManUsesThreePedalsVW/posts/990995657627597
  9. Tyler Durden

China Explosion Destroys Thousands of VWs

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/13/volkswagen-loses-thousands-vehicles-chinese-explosion/
  10. Tyler Durden

LED License plate resistor heat

Just wondering how hot the resistors are likely to get, some of the third party retrofit kits have some hefty heat sinks. Would they get hot enough to cause heat damage to plastic trim or the bumper?
  11. Tyler Durden

VW Service Humour

This was shared via a local VW enthusiast FB page.... Almost as good as chambered spacers...
  12. Tyler Durden

Poorboys World

Anyone here have any experience of Poorboys World detailing products? I've just ordered a load of stuff after trying out the Black Hole. Cheers.
  13. Tyler Durden

ACC & Start-stop system Faults

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - The car came up with a load of errors on the dash when I started the car up on Saturday evening, it eventually settled down and gave an ACC error and Start-stop system error, the car also idled rough, I restarted the car but the same errors...
  14. Tyler Durden

Lincoln Continental Comin at the S, 7, and A8

It looks remarkably like an Audi mixed in with a bit of Merc styling, not particularly interesting or original.
  15. Tyler Durden

which watch do you wear?

Argh...my mistake, I absolutely known this but the brain failed me on typing. 17 years I have lived in Deutschland and I now hold my head in shame.
  16. Tyler Durden

which watch do you wear?

PAM Day.
  17. Tyler Durden

which watch do you wear?

Very nice.
  18. Tyler Durden

which watch do you wear?

Must be a Friday 13th watch, it's time to die!!! I know it's Thursday.....
  19. Tyler Durden

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

Cheaper to cut a prostitute in half.