GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TheMaOdy66

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

Next upload of 25th of April. A re warmup lap after a long brake. A GT3 RS, a fast Polo R WRC, traffic after Carousel...
  2. TheMaOdy66

@Jens0n Best time set 8:02 now since last Sunday. More possible... ;)
  3. TheMaOdy66

After I had noticed that not only the Mini was following and filming in the lap posted above ... but also another comrade with his M140i was following us (while drivingr I didn't realize) and filming as well, I had no chance to make a PiPiP Video, the so called PiP Overkill :LOL: You can like...
  4. TheMaOdy66

Another Video of last Sunday's Touristic Driving Session. The lap right before the "Code Brown" Lap. A Mini JCW coming up and following me the complete lap. His onboard PiP in my video, beginning at the start of the BtG lap, under the Bilstein Bridge. Very fast lap. Sorry for the poor sound, I...
  5. TheMaOdy66

A little piece of luck was around as well... ;)
  6. TheMaOdy66

Yesterday @ The Ring again. Usual Touristic Driving, but one "Big Moment":
  7. TheMaOdy66

One last Video of Sunday, 28th of March to post. :)
  8. TheMaOdy66

Performance Pack/Golf R Brakes- ABS vs. Threshold Braking

I am using PP brakes with Endless MA46b pads on my TCR (PP = OEM in the TCR), mostly Nordschleife. If the curve makes braking deeply in available I do this. If not I go the usual way with finishing braking before steering into the curve. Always as early back on throttle as possible. Which curve...
  9. TheMaOdy66

More footage of Sunday, 28th of March here. We see a helpful target car ;) , 3 Yellow Zones for nothing :cautious:, the usual traffic blocks while touristic driving sessions but in the end a lap (and laptime) that's not that bad. For what it was...
  10. TheMaOdy66

That's exactly the thrill (and with it the attraction) of The Ring (Green Hell). :) Best time w/ TCR is 8:15. But you can't give anything on it. Cause I never had a lap without Yellow Flags, wet track, crashes or what so ever. I think if we want to see what the car (with me as a driver) can do...
  11. TheMaOdy66

To bring the Easter Weekend to a good end, here another Video from 28th of March. Lots of cars on track, a 991 GT3 I could not follow, 2 Yellow Flag Zones, a crashed BMW M3 E46 and a little "battle" with a proper track prepped Golf 5 GTi, touristic driving as usual... 😉 :cool:
  12. TheMaOdy66

Thanks for correction and these lots of information! (y):cool: No, I don't do races, too much stress to be honest. 😉 I'm only "Gentleman Driver". 😄 I began driving Nordschleife with more or less sporty street cars without mods in 2001. First one was an Audi S6 Plus (4B) full stock, after that...
  13. TheMaOdy66

And it goes on... ;) Another lap of the same day. Met my good friend Marc (thousands and thousands of Nordschleife laps, very good driver) with his perfectly track prepped GR Yaris and his buddy with an M2 at the entrance by chance. Thought I should follow them for a lap to get an idea of what...
  14. TheMaOdy66

Kind thx, mate. The main thing is you have fun watching. Not yet. Cause I got him in July last year, modded in August and then began with serious driving. And my absolute favourite track is Nordschleife. But I'm pretty sure I will visit Spa (my second favourite track) sooner or later. And...
  15. TheMaOdy66

Season opening, finally! 😃
  16. TheMaOdy66

Thx to you as well. 🙏 What we do there is "touristic driving", not a trackday. And besides everyone wants to go as fast as possible you always got to have in mind that there are people on track who go totally different speeds. From absolute newbies and real touristic drivers in normal street...
  17. TheMaOdy66

Kind thx, mate! First of all the car is a GTi TCR (7.5 = facelift). A special model that didn't make it to you afaik. All in all similar to a Clubsport if we talk about pre-facelift cars. Yes, it has a front LSD, it is OEM, mechanical, the one from the Clubsport. I'm running a KW Clubsport...
  18. TheMaOdy66

Kind thx, mate! 🙏🙂 I am indeed very happy with my setup. Good if you can rely on a motorsports garage like Manthey/Raeder with such a huge amount of experience in setting up cars for The Ring. The rest of your post is nothing less than perfect sumary. 😃 The Ring inserts a virus you never get...
  19. TheMaOdy66

Finally I chose a lap from 2020 to be the "most exciting" ... as I do every year to give credits to the most spectacular, nice, fast, extreme or ... exciting lap I did in a season. It was hard to choose one lap out of 2020 cause I did only around 30 and the crash of the tt-rs was the most...
  20. TheMaOdy66

As I said, mate, feeling of hardness of coil kits is extremely individual. At least the difference between KW 2-way and 3-way is evident. But I would neither use the TT-RS (2-way) nor the TCR (3-way) as an all day driver. Roads are too bad her in Good Ol' Germany... And I should mention that I...