GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

R needs a clutch, replace anything else while it's in the shop?

Holy crap is right, I'd never even heard of something like that happening before.
  2. T

Following up on this real quick to show why I needed a new clutch. The pressure plate cracked into 3 pieces after doing a light launch at around 4K. It’s a southbend kit so I’m pretty surprised to see this happen. Not sure how many miles we’re on it but couldn’t be more than 50k.
  3. T

Yeah the more I thought about it the more I figured I might as well, especially for resale value when a potential buyer looks at the paperwork and maintenance. I had the shop order the iAbed RMS along with the DKM Stage 2 kit.
  4. T

Maybe I haven't read enough but I haven't seen many complaints about the stock RMS. Most of what I've seen is if it's not leaking, leave it alone. I have an APR catch can setup and I've read a clogged PCV causes most of the RMS issues so if that's actually the case then I should be ok.
  5. T

Not planning on an LSD, I'll be at the track for autox or open lap days only a couple times a year so it's not worth the expense to me.
  6. T

That's what my mechanic was saying about the RMS also, if it's not leaking then leave it alone. I already have the ECS bleeder block and I think the clutch line has been replaced as well. Sounds like there isn't much else to look at around the trans, mounts are already upgraded too.
  7. T

Hey all, my 2016 R just blew its clutch at 56k and is going into the shop for a new one. While it's there is there anything else I should have replaced? I've read rear main seal since the trans is out and also the water pump is usually due around this time. Anything else to look at?
  8. T

Any experience with Brembo Xtra Rotors and Low-Met pads kit?

Not saying that the stock setup isn't fine, was more just curious if anyone has any experience with these pads in particular. The rotors are of course more for looks than performance, especially for a novice track day driver, but just wanted to see if there were any reviews out there for their...
  9. T

Any experience with Brembo Xtra Rotors and Low-Met pads kit?

Hey All, My new-to-me R is in need new brakes and I've been poking around here reading all about the various pads, rotors, etc. until I went cross eyed. I'm looking at a DD setup that'll mainly be good for some weekend fun and came across this setup...
  10. T

FS: 18x8.5 Rotiform RSE with new Falken tires

Like new set of Rotiform RSE wheels, selling to make some room in my garage. The wheels are in excellent shape, only a couple of very minor nicks as shown in the pictures. 18x8.5” Et 35 5x112 Come with brand new 245/40/18 Falken Pro G5 Sport UHP all season tires. All tires are at 8/32 tread...
  11. T

Show us your MK7

Wasn't sure how much I'd like these RG-Rs on the car but they're growing on me by the day
  12. T

BBS Wheels: Show them off!

Just grabbed these locally for some track wheels. 18x8 et35 BBS RG-R, love how they look against a black car.
  13. T

18x8...35 offset...kinda flush/flush/poke?

For everyone who has been wondering about poke and flush and whatnot for et35, here are some BBS RG-R 18x8 et35 running random brand 235/40 tires on stock ride suspension. The first two pics are of the front and you can see a tiny bit of poke, the tears are just about perfectly flush. This was...
  14. T

SOLD

Bump for pictures
  15. T

Random intro thread

Finally getting around to uploading a few pics of the new car, put about 1300 miles on it from the road trip and get very well acquainted with the car. The APR stage 1 pulls really hard, super satisfied with that tune on this thing. First tweaks will be satin silver mirror caps, a set of...
  16. T

Official Deep Black Pearl GTI / Golf Thread

Love the blue calipers on this, I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my black R as well.
  17. T

SOLD

Open to selling them now, I found a new set of the satin silver caps from a VW dealer and just grabbed those.
  18. T

San Antonio Roadtrip

Unfortunately I wasn't able to, we were planning on staying with the in-laws for the week and probably go for a drive later this week but one of them tested positive for COVID so we packed up and turned right around to head home. Definitely bummed out on not getting try out some TX roads but 30...