GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Cat backs -2

I felt DP and APR resonated catback was too loud. I ended up putting my stock catback - the center resonator back on. Then a little while later put the center resonator back in....
  2. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Even so, that's still ~400whp. A friend locally went from that to the next step, std housing Vortex, along with fuel controller, lpfp, etc, etc, etc. For the amount he spent I can't see doing it...
  3. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

According to the dyno charts on EQT's website you will. they're showing stage 2 E30 R tune, so IS38, making ~420whp. Yeah, that's not 450 but considering that's on the stock fuel system I think it's plenty.
  4. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

IS38 Stage 2 E30 is in your 400-450 range and doesn't require a hpfp or a built motor...
  5. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Hmm, can't say I've felt an issue with smoothness on the 2.5 tune with my '19 6MT. Wasn't going to bother to upgrade but now I'm sorta thinking I should...
  6. D

Heated seats are weak...

I did and the dealer said they were working properly. I agree that once they warm up "3" is too hot and I turn them down to "1". It just takes forever for them to warm up compared to previous Audi's I've owned and the Porsche Cayenne that's also in my garage. Those seats get nuclear inside of...
  7. D

Cat backs -2

With the stock downpipe the exhaust was perfect, maybe even a little quiet. With the downpipe, forget about it. WAY louder and annoying on the freeway, even with the valves closed.
  8. D

Cat backs -2

Both. Even with the valves closed it was annoyingly loud. I'm not a teenager anymore... I put the stock catback on and it's a perfect OEM+ sound
  9. D

Cat backs -2

I found the APR exhaust was too loud when combined with their catted downpipe
  10. D

Integrated Engineering intake

I didn't find the install hard at all. Everything fit as it should and went in easily with hand tools. This is maybe a 1.5 wrench rating out of 5, with it being closer to a 1 wrench...
  11. D

R needs a clutch, replace anything else while it's in the shop?

At 90k miles, yeah do the RMS. At 40k? Nope...
  12. D

I still wouldn't replace a good RMS. It's not like they all start leaking and replacing a good one just opens you up to the fact that it could start leaking...
  13. D

Planning a road trip from LA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming....how does the GTI fare in Winter?

Snow tires. Even on the Subie. Snow tires, not all seasons, not summer tires. Otherwise fly there.
  14. D

I wouldn't replace the RMS unless it was leaking. Pulling the clutch delay valve is quick and easy.
  15. D

elevation change while tuned

You have nothing to worry about. I drive from 6000 ft to over 11000 ft in less than an hour all the time.
  16. D

Integrated Engineering intake

I have it on my 19 R. Fits great, sounds good, lots of juvenile turbo noises that we like. Dealer didn't say anything about it when I brought my car in to have them replace my passenger grab handle
  17. D

E30 Mixing Methods

It depends on the station, so you're going to have to play around with ratios for a bit until you figure it out. One station near me I have to put in 4.5-4.75 gallons of E to 7ish gallons of 91 to get to E30, the other station has better E and I only have to put in 3.75-4 gallons of E...
  18. D

Anyone fitted Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers?

That's not what Bilstein uses to as a basis for their measurements. I could lower my 911 way more than recommended, there's plenty of thread left to use. In the install instructions Bilstein will have a diagram showing the two points they use as their measurements and give you a range you...
  19. D

I know the Bilstein PSS9/10's for my 911 came with instructions with very specific ride heights. IE, bilstein says to not lower the car beyond a certain amount. Most people do, because "low life". Which means they're going to ride like crap. I wouldn't be surprised if that's whats going on...
  20. D

No KW's ever for me again. Their warranty process is a joke! They won't sell you another shock/strut and then refund you when you send in your bad one, they make you send in your bad stuff to be rebuilt. So on your DD, it'll be up on stands for up to 6 weeks (that's how long mine took to get...