GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

3DM Motorsports is also a great option. Barry Battle knows Onlins and was recommended to me by Ohlins themselves. He helped Ohlins develop the F80 M3 track package. I had my Ohlins revalved by 3DM without any issues. If you buy your Ohlins from 3DM, they offer one free revalve.
  2. M

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

I’ve been chasing front end grip from day one on track. Put on better tires and added a 034 RSB. Less understeer but still easy to lose front end grip. Lack of front end feel and responsiveness at turn in. Fast forward fall last year. Re-valved my Ohlins for 8k/12k springs and dialed in -3.4...
  3. M

Eccentric Bolt Delete

Verkline has regular and off-set lock out washers. It’s not listed on their website. You will need to email them.
  4. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

VERKLINE WAS-048 REAR CAMBER ARM INSTALL Rear Camber Adjustment M24 Adjuster sleeve One revolution of the adjuster = .9 degrees camber adjustment Right Rear Tire Clearance The rear tire clearance to the fuel fill tube, limits installing aggressive tire/wheel fitments for the track. I’m...
  5. M

That will do it. I also found that the concrete highway between Charlotte and Asheville would make my Mini bounce. Stiff springs and short wheel base.
  6. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Awesome! How many DE’s do you do? I went with Vorshlag Camber/Caster plates when I installed my Ohlins. Ground Control is also a great option. Pick the vendor you are most comfortable with. SuperPro and 034 make fixed camber plate options. As does EuroSport. This is where you need to decide...
  7. M

Barry Battle from 3DM Motorsports is another option. He is knowledgeable and participates in DE’s in his own car.
  8. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Updated Wavetrac Install I have made some edits to my install doc. Added P/N#’s
  9. M

I would have expected a 265 to rub on the right rear. What rear camber are you running?
  10. M

Golf R Clubsport build

Nice! Who did you order that from? What is direct below the scoop?
  11. M

Michelin PS4S Vs Hankook RS4's for track and street use

Michelin MPS4S is a great dual duty DE tire. I’ve moved to a dedicated set of track wheels and tires for DE. MPS4S are my wet weather DE tires. They are great in the wet. I ran MPS4S for two seasons as dual duty tires and was happy with their performance. I didn’t experience these heat cycling...
  12. M

After my Wavetrac install, I’ve switched off XDS and kept my VAQ set to increased traction. Haven’t been to the track yet. The VAQ inserts directly into the splined section on the LHS of the Wavetrac.
  13. M

Initial Observations on the Performance of Neuspeed BBK in Track-Day Environment

I was making a few changes in VCDS after installing my Wavetrac. Switched off XDS. I was able to adjust the offset on my Hydraulic Brake Booster from 8 to 6 using security code 11966. It worked for me.
  14. M

This is a very fair assessment. Had my Ohlins revalved by Barry at 3DM Motorsports after a year of use. My Ohlins did not require a rebuild. Read some comments that they would need rebuilding every year. Erhhh No. I have some headroom to go stiffer both front and rear after the revalve, but...
  15. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Wavetrac Install - How To Here is the install of my Wavetrac.
  16. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’m figuring another 8-10mph on the back straight.