GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. c31561

FS: ECS Flush & Stud kit for stock offset wheels

I recently changed from stock wheels to an ET45 offset wheel and no longer require spacers and I don't like the studs sticking out. These work great with stock wheels on a lowered car and the studs make installing wheels so much easier. Complete kit for sale: 2 x15mm spacer for front wheels 2...
  2. c31561

"Civilized" exhaust

I run a IE DP, Baun resonator, stock muffler, and BFI stage 1 motor mounts. Between the exhaust and the motor, plenty of noise for me. The DP gives a nice deep exhaust note and the resonator stops any drone. It's loud enough that my wife gives me the eye every time I get on it because she...
  3. c31561

Line out converter?

I would recommend you make your taps at the rear of the HU in the glove box. Much easier to figure out which wires to tap.
  4. c31561

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I riced mine out a little and added a Maxton V2 splitter. I like that is much more subtle than some of the rest.
  5. c31561

Adding sub with stock radio

These should help. Wiring diagrams for the left and right door speakers.
  6. c31561

How much have you spent on your GTI and purchase do you regret the most?

I could tell you guys but then my wife would kill me.
  7. c31561

Fender Audio System sounding flat?

I am confused, what year is your car? What you have pictured is the RCD-510 for the MK6 and the link is also for a MK6. Or did you get a RCD-520 for the MK7?
  8. c31561

Acoustic insulating Project - 3 leaks found so far

Impressive project, I know how much work it is to do all of that. You are correct, however, no need to be an ass about it.
  9. c31561

Same, except mine is pure white. Amazing what a difference.
  10. c31561

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Finally got my Christmas presents to myself from the holiday sale. These are the first set of wheels that I have ever bought for a daily driver. Usually I only ever buy them for my projects, but since this has become my project, I guess it will be okay.
  11. c31561

I kept it simple over the holidays. I installed a frameless Homelink mirror, should have done that a while ago. Homelink, compass, and auto-dimming all in one, wish that VW included that as a stock addition. The only hard part was running the wiring that does not exist on a Sport model. I...
  12. c31561

Here is one source I found for the 9.2" MK7.5 screen. I don't have that much cash, so I settled for the 8" Golf R version, which is still pretty nice. Except the Piano Black is a fingerprint magnet.
  13. c31561

Acoustic insulating Project - 3 leaks found so far

I have done a fair amount of sound deadening and I have found it needs to be a two pronged approach. You want to reduce the structure borne and the airborne noise. I used a combination of vibration mats (Something like dynamat) for the structure and MLV for the airborne noise. So far I have...
  14. c31561

I converted my system to 3 way active, you will not be disappointed.
  15. c31561

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Based on y experience changing the water pump last week, about 3 to 4 quarts of coolant/water mix. Depends on where you live, but I used 1.5L of coolant.
  16. c31561

Yes, stage 2 with all the goodies and the stock PCV system. I missed that blog, but the bunch of zip-ties is a good idea to really get into the space. I have a decent pick set that I used from Northern Tool that got into most of the spaces. Really helps to use some carb cleaner (or similar)...
  17. c31561

So a couple of weeks ago I was under the car and noted some streaks on the oil pan. Being pink, it was not a hard guess what was going on, possible water pump leak. Checked the coolant tank and well below normal. Only 45,000 miles. Well known issue that I probably could have gone to dealer...
  18. c31561

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I got a new water pump, thermostat housing, belt, and an intake gasket. Yippee.
  19. c31561

Did I just break my Diff?

I did the exact same thing. Torroh is spot on about the snap ring moving in its groove and preventing you from pushing the shaft back into the VAQ. I ended up taking the unit out of the car once the transmission was out (and I accidently pulled the whole shaft out). After you clean up the...
  20. c31561

Removed my wheels and did a semi-annual cleaning. Also spruced up the brake calipers and Bilstein's. Rotated the tires. Changed the oil filter. Decided to do an inspection under the car for anything abnormal. Found coolant leak under the water pump area and coolant reservoir about a cup...