GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BadHombre760

The Definitive Rev Hang Thread (Mk7 & MT focused)

I notice it. But not to the extent that it's an issue
  2. BadHombre760

Can anybodt shift this @#*! thing smoothly?

from your very own source: "If you think your car’s rev hang is really bad, you might be the problem." ;)
  3. BadHombre760

just to be clear, i'm not saying i dont experience rev hang. im saying im able to shift perfectly smooth into 2nd without worrying about impeding traffic for everyone around me, like others were complaining about
  4. BadHombre760

you took what i said and assumed a whole bunch of incorrect things from it. just bc you can't figure out how to shift it smoothly and quickly doesn't mean everyone else cant either i was tuned on stock clutch for 2.5 years with zero slip, so clutch wear wasn't an issue at all. only reason i...
  5. BadHombre760

The only time I felt like I couldn't shift fast enough to keep up with traffic is when I was learning to drive my first manual car. The guys on here who say "I've been driving stick for 20+ years" are the ones who seem to have the most difficulty getting adjusted
  6. BadHombre760

Removing the spring just adds a tiny bit more weight when rolling off the clutch. Removing the delay valve, upgrading the mounts (even just a dogbone insert), SMF clutch all have a noticeable improvement in removing the 'lag' when engaging the clutch. With all those done my ACT clutch feels like...
  7. BadHombre760

What did you do to your mk7 today?

No I didn't bother either lol
  8. BadHombre760

i have one and love it
  9. BadHombre760

Mk 7 vs Focus ST

10. BadHombre760

thats the plan but i just installed the bfi dogbone the beginning of this year lol
  11. BadHombre760

Did they actually lock in all the way? I tried two different sets and the tabs refused to clip into place
  12. BadHombre760

Finally installed my BFI engine mount and trans insert. The 'sandwich' looks like it's out of alignment a little, but judging by other pictures I found that seems to be normal? I torqued down the allen bushing to 35lb Other than that, everything went smoothly and I didn't even notice any...
  13. BadHombre760

How to: Make a mk7 6MT Suck Less

Unless my car was still stock power I wouldn't want the gears to be any shorter. But even when it was stock I didn't mind
  14. BadHombre760

"Unusual" Replace Key Battery Incident

My car occasionally (once a month-ish) tells me to replace the fob battery even though I just did it a few months ago and as far as I can tell it's still working just fine
  15. BadHombre760

RWD conversion kit

how about RWD, FWD, and AWD all in one?
  16. BadHombre760

And a muffler. Looks like the MBRP doesn't have one...which is fine with the stock dp but not when you upgrade it
  17. BadHombre760

Voltswagen

Aww, poor investors feel misled :cry:
  18. BadHombre760

Voltswagen

Judging by the url it's a joke edit: nvm just saw other sites are reporting it too
  19. BadHombre760

How to: Make a mk7 6MT Suck Less

Definitely worth. The only 'tricky' part is learning how to bleed the line afterwards if you've never done it before but even that isn't too bad
  20. BadHombre760

New clutch recommendations

I have the ACT clutch linked above. It's a good clutch, pedal feel is light and shifts are smooth - but being an SMF it is a bit noisier at idle