GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. The Dude

EQT or UM?

I'm torn between having an EQT custom tune and a United Motorsport custom tune. I'd like to hear experiences from both. Pros and cons below: EQT Pros: convenient af less expensive very reliable EQT Cons: No flex fuel (but ecutek is dropping map switching soon, so it would sort of mitigate that...
  2. The Dude

EA888 rev limit

So has anyone nailed down the specific failure point of the EA888.3? Assuming you have a turbo that continues to flow efficiently and the supporting mods to run it, what's keeping you from revving to 8k, or 8.5k, or even higher? I've been searching for the last half hour but haven't found anything.
  3. The Dude

ISO IS20 or IS38 actuator...

I'm finding that to get a new OEM one, you have to order the turbo as well. I've seen a bunch from Taiwan and china that are "OEM", and seem to have the correct markings, has anyone ordered and installed one of these? I'd like a new one, not used. I can use the one from my stock turbo if...
  4. The Dude

Titan7 Forged wheels, THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY

Mods, please don't delete this. I'm not associated with any shop or company. I want some Titan7 forged wheels in 18x9, preferably et 42-38. After reaching out to Titan7, they verified that a 25 SETS order would be necessary. They make an 18x9 et38 for the focus RS, but to get our bolt pattern...
  5. The Dude

Deadset, hotchkis, pendulum...

So it started out with a good deal on front and rear Hotchkis sway bars. I dropped the subframe to do the front, so car on jackstands, subframe dropped, steering rack unbolted and front swaybar removed in 45 mins. I had help, lol. Anyway, I go to install thefront sway and something seems off...
  6. The Dude

MPI information thread

:EDIT: So don't buy mpi just yet for your 19 and up. ok, I've been shopping for an MPI setup for my GTI. Thus far I've seen a couple options, https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-mk7-vw-audi-ea888-gen-3-port-injection-kit/ $850 *1180 with 450 lph pump *1250 with 525 lph (Hellcat)...
  7. The Dude

Brushless option...

Cliff notes, 600 bucks, with controller, flows 450 lph at 100 PSI, which I understand is the upper end of what's required pre HPFP. So, this should keep up with anything we can fit under the hood. If someone has a fuel pump basket they're not using, send it my way, and I'll throw down on this...
  8. The Dude

How to cancel drone with a Quarter Wave Tube

So last year some time, I had Rampage Fabrication build me a 3.5 inch turboback exhaust. One large 3.5/3.5 vibrant muffler, split at the rear suspension to two 3 inch tips. Looks stock, idles quiet, sounds pretty good. Well, good until you get between 2500 and 3000 rpms, then a horrible...
  9. The Dude

Remote Start MK7 GTI, OBD Eleven folks chime in

So there's nothing I'm aware of on the market that allows you to maintain the oem security system, you have to bypass KESSY, one way or another. There's a menu option I found within the central electrics section while I was fooling around with OBD Eleven, and before I click it active I figured...