GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. etmanning1

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Hey all- I've been loosely following this thread for a little while. Lots of cool suspension info in here. The GTI is my first car, and I may have jumped too deep into mods before fine tuning the current setup. I recently finished installing a Verkline front subframe and control arms, as well...
  2. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Appreciate it! I'll try and source that part # and give it a shot. Of course I used brand new axle bolts last time, getting tired of buying new ones haha. Indeed. I have hopes of one day doing an ABS or similar underbody tray to work with full front/rear aero. Still lots of time left in the...
  3. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Well, things can't ever go smoothly, eh? As you can see above, there seems to be an issue with the new trans. At this point I have about 50 miles on the new setup, and it drives incredibly! The outer seal between the transmission casing and the right hand axle cup ripped clean in half, and...
  4. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Haha, I used to get the Wawa buffalo chicken wraps on my way home from the gym all the time. Quicktrip just doesn't hit the same, that's for sure. My new axle arrived and I threw it in the car yesterday afternoon. It was extremely nerve-wracking finally taking the car off the stands, but...
  5. etmanning1

TPC20 Gti Vs turbo camaro, GT500 & more

Is this the new 6mt FWD record??! Saw the slip, congrats @sportymk7 ! Making my life harder LOL
  6. etmanning1

Swapping a Wavetrac LSD into a VAQ Equipped car

Greatly appreciated!! I think my best bet for now is removing the ABS fuse, but I'd like the dash to not be all lit up in the future :)
  7. etmanning1

Definitely feel free! I referenced your threads heavily during my research for this project and would be happy to contribute at all if I can. A friend of mine has a stock 2015 PP. We're hoping to get out on track a few times this year, and I'll see if I can notice a difference in how the...
  8. etmanning1

Back on the lift where it belongs... We've all seen this picture before- but behold the transmission hole! I opted to drop the subframe, which allowed me to remove the transmission with the differential intact. Re-installation went forward without drama. We can see the lack of VAQ diff...
  9. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

I was able to get an axle ordered, and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon! The subframe install was fairly straightforward, and it's all set in place except for the passenger side to accommodate the axle. Scheduling an alignment is proving difficult, as I don't know many shops in the new...
  10. etmanning1

TPC20 Gti Vs turbo camaro, GT500 & more

Anyone know if an updated 1/4 mile list is floating around still? Asking for a friend...
  11. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

I Apologize for the lack of updates recently, but the car and I were completing a cross-country move. This was my first time towing long distance, but everything went smoothly and the GTI arrived in Phoenix intact, if a bit dirty. I was hoping to get the transmission & subframe in before the...
  12. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Thanks, I'll make sure to update. Just the front for now ;) Yep, I wasn't aware that the subframe used all different hardware. Works either way lol. Thank you!
  13. etmanning1

Thanks! I've just been doing the skip barber track days for the past few years at NJMP.
  14. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

I have a bunch of updates that I need to add to this thread. I've recently swapped intakes and batteries, and have been working on a transmission build with a Wavetrac. Everything should be installed close to the end of March here, and I will do a full build update when it's all sorted. Until...
  15. etmanning1

The final piece of the build came in today! Unfortunately, I will have to push back the install of everything until after I have finished moving. Expecting to get it all set up nearer to the end of March! Until then, I'll gladly oogle the shiny new parts for a few weeks :cool: This is the...
  16. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

I did some initial testing with disconnecting the VAQ unit before starting the build. If you remove the control module from the diff and leave it plugged in, the car throws no codes! I plan on working to code ESC/TC/XDS fully off and to let the wavetrac do it's magic for traction.
  17. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Always has been, always will be.
  18. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Since we're all stuck at home with nothing to do, I decided to take apart my damaged transmission to peek at the carnage! ...but instead of metal soup, I was rewarded by a clean and intact set of gears. The differential had stripped out, but everything else remained unharmed. My...
  19. etmanning1

My Deathtrap GTI build

Thank you! I purchased the LPFP used and pre-installed in a basket, so I'm not 100% sure, but believe that it is the PR kit. I do have photos of the basket if it would help. The PM4 install seems complicated looking at it, but is very straightforward. Shoot me a PM if you need help with the...
  20. etmanning1

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

I managed to get a new PB the other day while testing a few changes made to the car (larger intake, lightweight battery, replacement transmission) Due to the insane amount of salt on the roads, I was unable to get 3rd gear to fully hook, and I'm confident that there's still more time on the table!