GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

Mystery Dash Rattle

I had the same exact thing! But unfortunately I cannot tell you the cause of it. I just had my windshield replaced and it went away so that’s a clue? It was driving me nuts for a good 2 months before the replacement
  2. Y

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I also assumed the piping was smaller throughout for 2019, that’s why I asked. Thanks for answering this question millions of times Jake 😅
  3. Y

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

My exhaust is pretty much stock other than swapping in the TCR muffler. It was pretty tame when I first swapped it in, but over time it got louder. Almost too loud for sensitive passengers. What's the best thing I can do to reduce the sound a bit? Replace stock resonator with 17950? Or 17930...
  4. Y

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

It mellowed out? I'm pretty sure mine got louder after a while
  5. Y

I'm wondering if it changes volume or tone above 3000 rpm. The gf is giving me side eyes lol
  6. Y

Has anyone w/ stock downpipe + TCR muffler swapped in a vibrant resonator in place of the stock one? Looking for sound clips
  7. Y

Choosing between Bilstein B4 & B6 Damptronics

Haha back to square one. I think I'll be sticking with the B4s if sport mode is pretty much like the non DCC B8s
  8. Y

I currently have DG springs, a dogbone insert, and thicker RSB and am pretty satisfied with the normal DCC setting. I switch to comfort for passengers and sport for twisty roads.. Given that, it looks like I should stick with B4? Is there any benefit with the B6 over the B4 other than making...
  9. Y

@Boje Can you share your findings? I'm on DG springs and am considering either the B4 or B6 damptronics
  10. Y

Acoustic insulating Project - 3 leaks found so far

No carpet at all. It went like this.. bare metal > spare tire > floor board > floor liner
  11. Y

I just deadened the rear seats and hatch floor with Noico and I actually hear a difference. My 19 GTI didn’t come with carpet on the hatch floor so that could be partly why the sound deadener is more effective. The fender sub sounds more crisp and my exhaust has less drone. Plus overall road...
  12. Y

What a coincidence, my Noico 80mil sound deadener just came in. I was planning on just lining the trunk. Was there a noticeable difference in noise from the rear by doing just that? I might layer with the Noico 315 mil too
  13. Y

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Lol ok. I'll give that a shot
  14. Y

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mine is the exact same way. Dg springs with stock struts.
  15. Y

Spring Install

Ideally you'd drive a while to let the springs settle in before getting an alignment
  16. Y

Turbo inlet + hose noise

Thanks y'all. I'll swap the silicone hose back to stock and see if that does anything. I think the dv spacer is a bit much
  17. Y

Turbo inlet + hose noise

Thanks! I'll look into the delete then
  18. Y

Turbo inlet + hose noise

Hm, what do you think could explain why the "blow off" sound was louder before the turbo inlet pipe/hose install?
  19. Y

2019 GTI Requires 508 spec 0W-20 oil

I did my first oil change after 5000 miles over the weekend using LM top tec 6200 and have been seeing a decrease in average oil temps of about ~10° F. I guess that's a good thing?
  20. Y

Turbo inlet + hose noise

I removed the snow grate and replaced the drop in filter a while back and was happy with the small increase in intake noise. Over the weekend I added the 034 turbo inlet pipe and hose expecting even more sound, but got the opposite. Everything is more muted and the "blow off" sound is pretty...