GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PRRGG1

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

You're right I think -- it's definitely an MK2 and it's from Europe. The owner has just brought it to the U.S.. It suffered some bumper damage in transit that he wants to tend to first. He also wants to fabricate a mount so that he can hang his U.S. license plate from the European bracket...
  2. PRRGG1

Stopped by Columbia's Cars and Coffee this morning and took these snapshots. It's been many years since I last visited and the event has grown considerably since. Cars begin to disperse at about 10:30. I need to get there a little earlier next time.
  3. PRRGG1

Want to buy 2021 Autobahn, need some guidance

You might want to check Autotrader.com or Cars.com and Cargurus.com to see what's out there for you to choose from. That might give you an edge when negotiating.
  4. PRRGG1

2021 GTI S Question

When you added the spare tire wheel well liner, did you keep the black rectangular sound absorbers (marked VW 5GM 863 591) in place around the inner perimeter of the wheel well?
  5. PRRGG1

2020 GTI 6mt not shifting into 5th sometimes

Thanks Daks -- I feel the same way as you with 40+ years of manuals here. I love my GTI's 6-Speed. I have no regrets whatsoever choosing it and am thankful that VW continues to offer a manual transmission. Reading some posts, a potential owner seeking to learn more might come away with a...
  6. PRRGG1

2021 GTI S Question

Yes, here's a photo of my '21 SE, fully painted.
  7. PRRGG1

2021 GTI S Question

What sort of irrefutable evidence are you seeking? I posted that my '21 was properly painted. dequardo's and Keeh's suggestions are quite sound, as is the validity of other posts here.
  8. PRRGG1

2020 GTI 6mt not shifting into 5th sometimes

My wife's '17 5-Speed is reluctant to go into 2nd sometimes and members here suggested a transmission alignment, which seemed to be a modest job for a Dealership. You might first try that. When I asked, my Dealer told me to kiss a goose.* Ours has mysteriously improved over the years, but it...
  9. PRRGG1

2021 GTI S Question

I have a 2021 SE and my spare tire well is thoroughly painted with the exterior color. Yours does sound like a production oversight and your concerns are well founded. It might be awkward to negotiate, but if they refuse to underwrite having a body shop spray your spare tire well (which would...
  10. PRRGG1

Mystery Dash Rattle

TSB Update 20V3 Fuel Line covers 2015 Golfs and GTIs.
  11. PRRGG1

Mystery Dash Rattle

Some owners have had noise emanating from the armrest in the center. You might want to try messing with it; buzzes and rattles transmit sounds in odd ways that are hard to source. You know about the fuel line vibration noise under the car? This is another source of rattles that sound like...
  12. PRRGG1

recommend engine fault code scanner

Furthering this thread, if like ckf80 I wanted only to read codes and reset error lights, and bought VCDS or OBDII to do it, would a VW Dealership know of it looking at data? In other words, do VCDS or OBDII leave evidence behind when a code is cleared or a light reset? Thanks.
  13. PRRGG1

Do any of you remember this old VW TV ad from the latter '90s? We do and somehow have one of the collapsing skeleton toys as seen in the ad. It reads Da Da Da on its base. :giggle:
  14. PRRGG1

California GTI engine designation?

I think the 2021 GTIs use DKFA engines in North America. 2016-2018 are CXCB. This is an informative link: The Definitive Guide To The VW Mk7 GTI EA888 Engine (Gen 3)
  15. PRRGG1

2021 GTI Cornflower Blue

Looks great vdub761! (y)
  16. PRRGG1

'Hidden' Features/Quirks/Refinements

As a follow-up, ECS confirmed that their ECS 3191309 (aka VW 5GM 882 599 KT) will fit my 2021 GTI SE. Does anyone know the correct torque specification for the four bolts that hold the seat rails to the body?
  17. PRRGG1

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I had a question confirming the meaning of GTI, but before I could ask it, I happened upon an episode of TV's Chasing Classic Cars where a 1962 Maserati 3500 GTI Supperleggera Coupe was featured. They said that GTI stands for Grand Touring Injection, which is what I would have guessed. Neat that...
  18. PRRGG1

Metal tyre valve caps

Old thread, but carrying on with the topic of valve stem caps, my new '21 GTI came from the Dealer with these green caps. I noticed last week that one is now missing. Does anyone recognize these? I'm not a do-or-die nitrogen fan, but I think they look kind of cool and they're metal. Or I...
  19. PRRGG1

What's "normal" for a VW 6mt

No matter what the technique we choose, thinking ahead is a key component to saving clutch and brake wear -- not tailgating, not bombing up to stop signs and lights, lessening throttle before starting down a hill and not balancing clutch and gas to temporarily hold place on an upward slope. I...