GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

I have no doubt they will implement the same table changes for cooling to any custom tunes.
  2. A

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

Pretty sure that a single color selection is an auto-cancel if not in stock. They might be nice and reach out to you and give you a second shot but kind of doubt it since they go through GangUp. I would just list a second &/or third preference if you are into any of those finishes. I am going...
  3. A

While I love the anthracite color, I really dig the satin finish on the bronze...my GTI is white, and that bronze looks really good....bronze is currently my no. 2 choice.
  4. A

Odd issue: Low RPM & Low Load Misfire/Hesitation (N80 EVAP / Purge Valve Issue)

My e85 tune is right at 2 degrees or so at 4k as well. And ramps boost in accordingly for the traction.....*cough*.....I mean rods.
  5. A

The WOT logs from yesterday were way cleaner once the N80 valve was unplugged. I didn't upload any of those. I will still pull a bit out below 4k rpm.
  6. A

How did it go? The weird part about my issue was I was actually seeing increased gas mileage which makes zero sense. I blocked the "left"/non-PCV side of the valve as looking at it in the bay with an M6 bolt. I wrapped some teflon tape around the screw so it was a slight press fit instead of a...
  7. A

I almost unplugged it last night when doing my PCV replacement....thought I had remembered about people having issues on an EQT FB troubleshooting thread. 3 logs after unplugging the n80 purge valve: https://datazap.me/u/arob157/n80-unplugged?log=2&data=1-9-11 Not a single hiccup. Honestly...
  8. A

Eurodyne Updates

Made a separate post, but gonna drop the text in here as well to put some more eyes on it. Having a weird issue at low rpm/low load while cruising. Nevermind. Diggs new what was up...
  9. A

I am just over here causing problems hahaha
  10. A

The tire prices didn't sound quite right so wanted to double check. I am seeing $177 for 255/40/17 PS AS4s and $226 for 255/35/18 on Discount Tire. Might vary in other places, but that is $196 cheaper for the 17s. Identical on Tire Rack as well. What I find odd is that Michelin doesn't make...
  11. A

Definitely sucks on curbing the wheel. I have been running 18s the past 2.5 years with either 245/40/18s or 255/35/18s. They are not all created equal in width obviously. But I haven't had an issue on either set of the 18s I have owned. I have been pretty careful though. I eventually want to...
  12. A

For sure. Initially planning on RE71R, (hopefully) RE71RS, or Yokohama ADVAN A052 on the front, and something slightly higher wear in the rear. Maybe Yokohama ADVAN A052s on the front as well. Want/need something pretty sticky, but don't want a drag radial. I am really torn between the 17 vs...
  13. A

I switched to 17x9s after reading Apex's post and looking at cost & selection of tires. There is a more limited selection of tires for the 17s, but there are still a great variety of options. Curious to know the distribution as well.
  14. A

I have an odd issue that has popped up in the past 1000 miles or so. My car is a 2017 with 64k miles. When cruising at light load on flat ground with the throttle barely open (5-10%) and engine RPMS around 1700-2500rpm, I will get slight hesitations and recorded misfires. Worst I have seen on my...
  15. A

Hammersticks' "Less Is More" MK7 GTI

Congrats for sure. Thanks for helping out with the fitment and photos. I pledged as well. I am trying to decide if I go with 17x9 vs. 18x9s. Running 255/35/18s right now, but on an 8.5" rim. Would be for 90% street with an occasional autocross in the future.
  16. A

Eurodyne Updates

I have a 2017. Updated Maestro last night. All the new options were there. I believe there was an update again today to 6.3.9. Removed the crackle/burble option as the tables were not configured correctly. I haven't upgraded myself. Staying on 6.3.8 (if that is what I am on).
  17. A

Researching Exhaust Options

The one sound clip they have linked via YouTube is the single resonator variant. I would imagine that the car also still had a stock downpipe. I have been looking at Baun and Nameless because I want something very close to stock volume and no drone. Need to free up some flow for the top end on...
  18. A

Researching Exhaust Options

That is a great looking exhaust for the money.
  19. A

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

Not sure who you are tuned through, but I know that Cobb and Eurodyne unlocked additional cooling parameter tables in the past couple of months. I just looked through the ED ones last night. There are head temperature dependency tables as well as a fan duty cycle table dependent on the ambient...
  20. A

P0413 code

Thanks for the sanity check. Already ordered from FCP. Should be here Friday. Have a new PCV -> TIP hose as well (the squeeze lock type thank goodness). I mangled the ever living crap out of the original when I swapped from my Unitronic TIP to my DBV2. Seals weren't damaged, so I have been...