GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Got Boost

6 speed DSG fluid replacement technique

I just did my service and the engine was up to temp long before the trans reached 35 deg Celsius.
  2. Got Boost

6 speed DSG fluid replacement technique

This is exactly what I did. Left the fill adapter in and ran the car on my lift until the trans came up to the prescribed temp, then unclamped the hose and let the excess drain back into the original bottle. After which I put the drain plug back in mess free.
  3. Got Boost

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Don’t think your gonna see any delays. I ordered an AP with EQT tunes off their site early yesterday and got a tracking number late last night.
  4. Got Boost

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Thanks. Probably try their low octane stage 1 and monitor for knock. DP isn’t happening for few awhile as the AP with EQT engine and DSG tunes wiped out my discretionary money for a few months. 😂
  5. Got Boost

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Their Gokf R tunes, or all their tunes? I ran a COBB tune on my MK6 GTI and loved it. Good power, no knock, and mileage was almost unchanged from stock.
  6. Got Boost

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

About to pull the trigger on EQT tunes for my Golf R w/DSG. Purchasing their stage 2, but plan to run on COBBs stage 1 until I can install an aftermarket down pipe. Was curious, does the factory launch control still function with EQTs DSG tuning installed?
  7. Got Boost

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

So I’m new to the Golf R and looking for tuning. Was previously in a MK6 GTI running a COBB AP with their stage 1 high boost tune and loved it. How does your stage 1 tune compare to COBBs. Basically, what’s the advantage of spending the extra money for your tune versus just running COBBs tunes...
  8. Got Boost

Will an EQT stage 2 tune adjust for a stock downpipe?

When APR says their stage II tune “adjusts” for a stock DP what they really mean is that they’ve backed off the tune enough to not outflow the stock DP, causing high EGTs and possible engine damage.
  9. Got Boost

VA Coilover Install Needed

Did you get the coil overs installed?
  10. Got Boost

Looking to get back into a fast Golf

I literally fell into this one. Was searching for an R up and down the east coast, finding nothing with low miles and the options I wanted for a decent price. Then I find one only 55 miles away in MD. They said the price was firm because it was an awesome deal, and they had already lowered the...
  11. Got Boost

H&R Rear Swaybar Golf R w/euro zone endlinks - $250 obo

Can I ask why you took it off the car?
  12. Got Boost

FS Cobb Accessport Mk7R w/DSG and Custom Tune Included SOLD

Will this work on a 2017 DSG Golf R
  13. Got Boost

Looking to get back into a fast Golf

Deals are out there if you look hard. I picked up a spotless 2017 Golf R with 42k last week for 27k. Dealer wanted more but I’d been sitting on their lot since mid December. Initially I wanted a 2018 for the 7 speed and digital display but couldn’t find one for less than mid 30s