GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. APEXWheels

► Official APEX VW Wheel Thread

Pre-weekend Group Buy update just went out to everyone participating in the deal. Today's topic was on the Macan BBK and the steps we took to ensure these wheels would clear without spacers. I'm sure some of you that have been following this thread since the beginning can recall when we first...
  2. APEXWheels

► APEX | 17” & 18” VW GTI/R Wheel Group Buy - Up to $250 OFF + Free Shipping

Pre-Weekend Update: As we begin to enter the final stretch of APEX’s first-ever VW Group Buy, we wanted to start this update by expressing our gratitude for the amount of support the VW community has shown for this deal thus far. With 64 pledges officially locked in and 94 currently listed as...
  3. APEXWheels

I would definitely recommend adding a second finish choice, just in case we start getting to the bottom of the first production run. However, if you don't have a second preference listed, we will reach out at the end of the GB to see if you are open to an alternative setup if there are not...
  4. APEXWheels

A few phone pics of the 17x8.5" ET43 Satin Bronze SM-10s wrapped in 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot AS4s on my personal 17' GSW. Stock 4motion suspension. No rubbing under suspension compression and full lock. Ride quality and compliance are noticeably improved. Enjoy! -Geirsen
  5. APEXWheels

We are currently planning a DIY Fuel Filler relocation guide using one of our employee's GTI. However, we likely won't have anything published for another month or two as we are wanting to ensure a high-quality and detailed guide. In the meantime, if anyone has any decent Fuel Filler DIY...
  6. APEXWheels

► APEX | 17” & 18” VW GTI/R Wheel Group Buy - Up to $250 OFF + Free Shipping

Get to know our APEX360* Program Our Group Buys offer a tremendous opportunity to purchase track-proven wheels at a terrific price point. That value only gets better once you factor in our APEX360* Program! Because wheel warranties do not cover accidents or damage caused by misuse, wheels can...
  7. APEXWheels

Sure thing! Currently, the 17x9" ET42 and 18x8.5" ET43 are tied for first and split pretty evenly. The 17x8.5" ET43 is very close behind. However, the 18x9" ET42 only has a few takers so far. This is pretty much what we expected going into this Group Buy, as the 18x9" ET42 is more of a niche...
  8. APEXWheels

Silver will definitely not be available for the first few production runs. However, if demand for silver continues, we could potentially introduce that finish option later this year. -Geirsen
  9. APEXWheels

Update Time! I wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone who decided to show up and help us knock this GB out of the park on day one! We were able to hit the max discount in under 48 hours, which I'm quite sure is a new record for APEX Group Buys. With that being said, we still have...
  10. APEXWheels

Satin Black is only available on the 17x9" ET42 and 18x8.5" ET43. Welcome to the forums! You picked the right thread to make your first post in! :cool: From our testing, 255's clear the GTI fuel filler by a few mm on the 17/18x9" ET42 depending on suspension and alignment specs. On a heavily...
  11. APEXWheels

I'll treat this as the official "first request" for APEX MK8 Golf wheels. That way we can hit the ground running once folks start taking delivery of their MK8 GTIs and Golf Rs. :cool:
  12. APEXWheels

We are expecting the first production run to arrive in May. Once production wraps up closer to the end of the GB, we will have a more specific ETA for delivery. -Geirsen
  13. APEXWheels

Right-on you guys! After almost two years of development and working with the VW community on these wheels, I am very excited to see such a positive response to the Group Buy! At this rate, we will hit the max discount in no-time! Remember, if you are holding off from pledging and have yourself...
  14. APEXWheels

Depending on what spec your current 8" wheels are, the 18x8.5" ET43 will likely provide you with a more flush fitment both front and rear. Also, if you mount up your current 225/40-18 tires to the 18x8.5" ET43 wheels, once it comes time to replace your 225's, you will have the option to upsize...
  15. APEXWheels

225/40-18 can technically work on the 18x8.5" ET43 but it will be a touch stretched. However, since the PS4S has a chunkier sidewall than most you should be totally fine. Fuel filler relocation article is currently in the works. I plan on using it as one of our GB updates within the next week...
  16. APEXWheels

Working on it! Michelin has been tough to work with since COVID, so no guarantees that we will have 235/45-17 PS4S/AS4 availability by the end of the GB but we are definitely trying to make it work. -Geirsen
  17. APEXWheels

Yes, it sure does! The full brake clearance table for all of the kits we tested can be found at the bottom of the MK7 Golf fitment guide here: MK7 VW Golf Fitment Guide -Geirsen
  18. APEXWheels

The VW SM-10 utilizes design aspects from our Porsche 18x8.5" ET42 SM-10, which is a more fair weight comparison at 20.5lbs. The VW SM-10 has quite a few design differences and improvements (specific for VW) compared to the BMW SM-10. I appreciate the heads up! I will update our text to...
  19. APEXWheels

That is correct, the 17x8.5" ET43 weighs 19.6lbs with paint/topcoat. Our listed weight figures are pulled from the average of weighing each set of samples in person, rather than CAD estimations. -Geirsen
  20. APEXWheels

And we are live! The official APEX 17" and 18" VW SM-10 Group Buy has officially started! You can check out all of the official details and pledge for a set of your own over on the official Gangup page via the following link: APEX VW SM-10 Group Buy We have also posted an official Group Buy...