GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

California GTI engine designation?

Ok, so sounds like they've gone with one engine code, CARB state or not. Thanks!
  2. S

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

WTB: mk7 GTI. Must have 3 pedals, no sunroof, all colors except red. Preferably minimally modded. DM me if you've got a lead.
  3. S

California GTI engine designation?

Interested in picking up a GTI eventually, but want to see if different states have different engine codes like they did for the mk6 (CBFA vs CCTA). Thanks
  4. S

Help me decide between 2012 and 2017 Sportwagens...

How does the steering feel on the highway between the 2012 Jetta and the 2017 GTI?
  5. S

The overly light steering is the only thing that is keeping me from going with the 2017 SportWagen honestly. I've had a car with overly light steering (2017 Mazda 3) and it drove me absolutely nuts, even though it was a better car to daily than the 2014 GTI that it replaced. It got traded in one...
  6. S

Hi, looking to get back into a vdub and narrowed it down to two choices-- 1. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen - 133k miles but under $5k, would have to get a PPI done. It's got the 2.5L engine which I am a big fan of and I'm pretty sure it'd drive like a slightly bigger version of my 2013 Golf and 2014 GTI...
  7. S

Mk7.5 front bumper redesign complaint

So I'm allowed to have opinions on cars that I own already?
  8. S

It's just my opinion, you don't have to like or dislike the crease. I just put this out there because I was curious how it would look like.
  9. S

In the market for a new car, and of course mk7/7.5 is on the shortlist. My only complaint about the mk7.5 is this stupid crease that they've designed on the front bumper. I've went and photoshopped away the crease on a few photos and I think it looks a ton better.
  10. S

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I never said anything about people outside LA or that different cars should be made
  11. S

I guess that's a difference of opinion. If it's not a smooth surface like the front side markers, then it's so clear to me that there should be an amber/orange reflective strip and the contours throw off the whole look to me, color matched or reflective red. I see a few Audi and Porsche with...
  12. S

The blacking out the rear badge looks especially bad if you don't get the color-matched background. If I had all the money in the world, I'd have the side markers "shaved", i.e. take the bumper off, get some body filler where the reflectors go, and then get it sanded and painted.
  13. S

I follow a lot of car-related pages on IG and every single goddamn day there's cars with its reflectors covered up with vinyl/paint/whatever. It irks me to no end that a safety feature would be bypassed and poorly at that! You can still see the indentations and the body lines where the...
  14. S

Golf vs Long Golf?

I am considering getting a more comfortable daily to complement my 2009 Miata. I never found the Golf to be lacking in storage space. Sure, on a Sportswagen I wouldn't have to take off the front wheel of my bike, but having that much space just seemed excessive to me. However, I have never...
  15. S

Decent and reasonably priced body shop in the SoCal (LA/SFV/SGV) area?

Also interested. I got my insurance check for my front bumper and looking for a good place in SFV or SGV to get it taken care of.
  16. S

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My company has been work-from-home since March 20th...good riddance as I take the bus to work (unusual for a Los Angeles resident) and I've been seeing even the bus get emptier and emptier. Hopefully this teaches people to (1) take sanitation more seriously, (2) think more about the importance...
  17. S

FT/Feeler: Modded mk5 GTI for stock mk7

Bump, entertaining offers.
  18. S

My GF doesn't coast while driving

I've been telling her, if she can read their license plate clearly, then you are too close. It's getting a little better. Before, I could read the month and year of registration!
  19. S

The driver that makes me the most nauseous would be my father. He coasts, but when he's on either brakes he's stomping on 'em. Which is weird, because he used to drive my brother's old Impreza whose throttle pedal went from zero to 100 if you didn't get on it with the grace of a ballerina. I...
  20. S

I try not to be a couch quarterback when someone else is driving. I'm not the perfect driver and neither is anyone else I've met. However, for all the faults I've seen while driving, this one drives me up the wall the most. My GF, when driving, does not coast. She is either on the gas or the...