GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI Jake

WTB: Passat R line or Mk7 GLI DSG

Sounds good!
  2. GTI Jake

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...All Season Tires, Climate Change, Scams On Top Of Scams - Crimes Against Humanity

You should link copy paste this to the o2 spacer thread, that’s good info
  3. GTI Jake

Yeah lol the more I thought about it the GLI is a lot nicer/better built car. I didn’t tell my wife anything about pricing until she drove one and compared it to the Passat. We have a seven year old and a three year old, who regularly ride around in my GTI. The GLI has a slightly larger rear...
  4. GTI Jake

Thanks! Considering all the options vs a GTI or R it’s a pretty sweet deal, I’d definitely say go for it!
  5. GTI Jake

Preston VW in Boardman, OH is the absolute worst. Between my dad and I we bought three new Tdi there and I’d never spend another cent with them after BS they pulled with us individually and friends on different occasions. We used to have meets there and a great relationship with the dealership...
  6. GTI Jake

That’s what the wife picked, so I just put my deposit on one. This will be the third new Volkswagen I’ve purchased from Volkswagen South Charlotte since 2011, so if that goes to show anything they’re extremely easy to deal with. I won’t be going there at all. Made the deal over the phone and...
  7. GTI Jake

Had the wife test drive a Mk7 GLI and were down to choosing a color. Either way it’ll be a Autobahn DSG
  8. GTI Jake

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

I’ll have to sit down with my wife and see when will work for me. She’s the one who stays on top of family events and appointments.
  9. GTI Jake

We can always send two separate groups if we end up with a lot of cars. The lot at the brewery/food truck has plenty of space for a group photo. Spreading out and making a running order worked out great last time so everyone could safely run their own pace.
  10. GTI Jake

Video: Knocking sound coming from the rear of the car after installing APR coilovers. Can anyone help diagnose?

That takes more effort than cracking the RSB endlinks loose and properly re-torquing them (weight on wheels) Nice! I’ll grab a set of those as well, the rear mounts sit down in far enough they’re more of a pain than the front so that’ll probably work even better.
  11. GTI Jake

Weekends, especially holiday weekends are never going to work for me. Aviation industry is seniority based for days off, and my just shy of a decade ain’t shit lol.
  12. GTI Jake

Is38 oem plus or vortex hybrid

Ed from EQT would be able to answer with more confidence, but those numbers would be at the very high end of what’s safe with stock fueling. I believe the HPFP is a good precaution even if you only wanted 430whp on 93. It’s better to have headroom and not need it.
  13. GTI Jake

Video: Knocking sound coming from the rear of the car after installing APR coilovers. Can anyone help diagnose?

In real life I can locate the source of a sound a million times more accurately than from a video. Anyway there’s only so many probable causes and sway bar bushings isn’t one of them. The noise is metal on metal now that I got to actually listen to the video it confirms my suspicions. Was your...
  14. GTI Jake

Top 10 Mk7 Mods

No need for stage 1. There’s still gains to be had, I actually ran my full TBE for about 30k miles while still on APR stage 1 since I was trying to get a decent life span out of my OEM clutch (which was still in great condition at 49k when I decided it was time to upgrade). The gains from a...
  15. GTI Jake

Misfire Troubleshooting tips (video inside)

You can email the creator directly here! fowvaydriver@yahoo.com
  16. GTI Jake

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

It’s going to be an issue with something you just changed. -tune -DV on the is20 (is it a known good part?) -fuel It’s highly unlikely coil packs just so happened to go bad out of nowhere the day you slapped a new turbo on. I’d start with double checking the tune and Dv
  17. GTI Jake

Integrated Engineering - Why Can't I Find Any Threads?

Cool story man, I’m sure all 260 of your messages are people crying on your shoulder about me.
  18. GTI Jake

You still think your OEM intercooler is up for the task of stage 1, or did you take my advice and look into that? When I write a reply it’s not just for you cupcake, it’s also for the people who actually use the search function to look things up for themselves. When the next guy comes along and...
  19. GTI Jake

I’m blunt and to the point no matter what the situation, take it or leave it. I explained right off the bat that I wasn’t going into detail as to why IE isn’t a good choice. He could’ve taken that as a tally towards no, don’t go with IE & moved on to those with feedback claiming it was a good...