GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cb1111

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

They actually stole the AGIP logo - an Italian gasoline company and has nothing to do with VW. Here is a summary of the history of the logo
  2. cb1111

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...All Season Tires, Climate Change, Scams On Top Of Scams - Crimes Against Humanity

The Blizzaks are great tires but are less snowy than the Contis. I need to be able to go most anywhere anytime, so I opted for the Contis on 16's - otherwise I would have gotten the Blizzaks on 17's. In cold temps, snow and ice, the Conti's are better, but when it comes to warmer temps (50+) and...
  3. cb1111

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...All Season Tires, Climate Change, Scams On Top Of Scams - Crimes Against Humanity

I bought a set of Conti Viking7 (16") and they are pretty good. I actually had a good test - 30 miles to the tire place in bad weather and 34 degree weather. 30 miles back in the Conti's and I was sold. There was one hill that many couldn't go up - they'd get halfway up and either end up in...
  4. cb1111

Would you buy a buyback GTI or GSW? Stalling / Sunroof leak issues

the stalling issue is a non-issue. VW bought back a boatload of these before the problem was fixed and there are zero reports of the 24FD service action not fixing the problem. While resale might be a concern, you also need to take into consideration that the 2019's have the six year 72k warranty.
  5. cb1111

Don't squeeze the Charmin - or the tires....
  6. cb1111

How do you tell if your car has the “Air Care Climatronic” feature?

#10 can of Maxwell House coffee is the best intake - also makes a great exhaust
  7. cb1111

18" Talladega wheels

Should be this wheel
  8. cb1111

Had it in my old office. Expensive and a bit spooky
  9. cb1111

Can we flag this post? This may be the first time something made sense to Jimmy :p :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::giggle:
  10. cb1111

For that you'll want to use Miracle Whip. Discuss
  11. cb1111

You an't shopped for window treatments recently, huh? $4k barely buys you one step up from an old sheet.
  12. cb1111

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Agreed. We have a very good Honda dealer that doesn't try to upsell us anymore. My comment was directed more towards the add-on dealer services that are useless. Dealers don't make a lot of money on the required services, but they make lots of money on the add-ons that are 90% profit. You also...
  13. cb1111

No, damnit - you'd have to call the "grilled cheese sandwich" a "grill sandwich" or "meat" As in "I shoved my meat into my mouth" instead of "I shoved the grilled cheese into my mouth" - note the subtle difference?
  14. cb1111

Rims are the outermost part of the wheel where the wheel meets the tire. The rim by itself is like a hula hoop - it is like referring to a car as a car part - "I went and drove my windshield to the store" "that is one sweet looking windshield", "a rock hit the windshield of my windshield"
  15. cb1111

Wow. How do they look in person? My new wheels are Borbet type Y and could use VW centercaps.
  16. cb1111

Fixed it for you. Yes, all dealer recommended and premium services are useless and potentially harmful. Avoid them at all costs.
  17. cb1111

Crap - of course - edited. Thanks
  18. cb1111

Anybody have thoughts on the costs of the 10, 20, 30 and 40k required services at the dealer. I agree that it is far easier/cheaper to either do it yourself (oil changes certainly) or find an indy shop, but it is helpful for comparison. Edit: Whoopsie - 2019 Alltrack 6 speed DSG so the DSG and...
  19. cb1111

Where did you get the Wolfsburg center caps?