GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Snapped Short Shifter Bolt

Fuck me if this short shifter install won't be the end of my mechanic career... Spent a good 2 hours trying to get the original shifter off the spline. Wiggled back and forth every which way, used WD40 which I see seeping down the spline, hit a pin and hammer probably a hundred times with a...
  2. D

Looks like you kept the original nut washer and just installed another washer and screw on top of that one? Do you recall, I'm assuming the new screw is thinner than the original and doesn't necessarily thread into the original one?
  3. D

Admiring how clean that engine bay is! Haha. Got any tips for tapping it? Approximate dimensions? I'm hoping a self driving screw would be enough?
  4. D

That's where I'm headed if the tap doesn't work. Seems easy enough to try first though.
  5. D

Wow did I have a shitty day yesterday... Likely my mind was elsewhere but a simple short shifter install turned into: 1. Shearing off the 13mm bolt that holds the shifter bracket to the transmission tower. I watched the install videos and heeded the million warnings to not over tighten the bolt...
  6. D

Trade: 18" BBS CH-R for Austin or Nogaro + Cash

Let me know if you ever just end up selling the CH-R's straight up
  7. D

WTB: MQB Steel Front Subframe

I'm in YYC looking to get an aluminum one if I ever find one at a reasonable price at a yard
  8. D

SubFrame Rust

I'll keep an eye on local yards Sounds like Audi A3/S3 subframe works. What about from a Passat or TT? I've heard the TT control arms are the best but A3/S3 and Passats would also work?
  9. D

SubFrame Rust

Haha, I'd be lieing if I said I didn't already read up on the Audi aluminum subframe....and the blackhole of supporting mods that could be done at the same time.
  10. D

SubFrame Rust

I was taking a quick look under my 2016 R to see which version Dogbone mount I have (looks to be version 1 right?) and I was surprised at the amount of rust on my subframe. Basically all the edges look like the pic below. Should I be worried if I plan on keeping the car long-term?
  11. D

Dropped Allen Key Set down Engine Bay

Welp finally lost a tool to the abyss known as the engine bay. I was doing the manual transmission shifter alignment and had a set of Allen keys resting on the engine cover. Of course right before that I had one of those quick mental conversations: "Don't place tools there, you'll knock it...
  12. D

Mods delete

DM'ed
  13. D

CTS catted-downpipe STINKS! (literally)

If jb4 map 6ing, will a o2 spacer be enough to get rid of CEL?
  14. D

CTS catted-downpipe STINKS! (literally)

In the limited driving I've had with my new Unitronic catted DP I think I've caught maybe two wiffs of what I assume is DP related smell but I don't expect it to be a recurring issue. Biggest issue for me is the near immediate CEL and trying to fix that
  15. D

Stage 2 Aftermarket Intake +30 HP?

Us Canadians are too polite lol. I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing but no ones gonna call him out.
  16. D

20x9 255x30 MK7 Fitment

Stock height. Hopefully some more people can chime in
  17. D

20x9 255x30 MK7 Fitment

Man do those Audi TTs have huge wheels for such a small car. Darn I was hoping it would be possible with a spacer and fender screw mod if necessary at most
  18. D

20x9 255x30 MK7 Fitment

Alright give it to me straight. Will this fit a MK 7 R and how dumb is the idea... Attached is the willtheyfit summary, so roughly 15mm closer to the strut. Weight is up 5.5lb per corner (less than I expected). Anything else I should be aware of?