GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Scanner

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

I have the same combo Uni Stage 2 IS20 + 6sp auto. I had misfires earlier when Stage 1+, random, the same way as you've mentioned when shifting 3rd to 4th gear. All solved by new OEM Golf plugs with a shorter gap + APR coils. My car has been smooth, with zero misfires, for more than 40k km. Here...
  2. Scanner

Ignition coils

When I did my first tune to Uni stage 1+, @ around 35k km, I started having misfires. That was solved by replacing my coils & plugs for the APR coils, and OEM Golf plugs with a shorter gap. Since then, + Stage 2 IS20 @ around 50k km, no issues at all. Smooth idle and acceleration. Now with 80k km.
  3. Scanner

Unitronic Stage 2 + Tune

I have a 2018 1.8 auto 09G stage 2 IS20 Unitronic with Uni DP and GTI catback + valance. Very nice sound, not too loud. And no issues at all with the IS20 tune, excellent for daily driving. If you plan for an IS38, only if DSG or manual. Uni does not have an IS38 tune for the auto 09G.
  4. Scanner

Tuned 1.8 Tsi long term reliability

I have 80k on my 2018 1.8 Auto 09G. Stage 1 since 30k and Stage 2 IS20 since 50k. No issues at all with the IS20, except the challenge to control the wheel spin on 2nd gear, too much power for FWD even with upgraded suspension, bushings, mounts, tires, etc. I've had a few misfires when Stage 1...
  5. Scanner

CAT-BACK EXHAUST

The MK7 GTI has a 2.5 inch (not 3) vs a 2.25 inch of the TSI models. I have a 4-door hatch TSI 1.8 IS20 with a Unitronic catted downpipe. Our downpipe kit comes with a 3 to 2.25 reducer. I had no issues with the GTI catback installation using a 3 to 2.5 reducer also from Unitronic and a new...
  6. Scanner

MK7.5 Rear Valance Removal

Hey, I have a 2018 Facelift TSI Unitronic stage 2 IS20 and I want to do the same upgrade. Did you complete yours? Were you able to replace your valance? And did you buy it from the dealer or another source? I'm also from Canada, ON, Toronto Area. Thanks.
  7. Scanner

Downpipe What's the best brand ?

I see you are in Hamilton, "near" you www.parkautomotorsports.ca in Kitchener and www.eurosporttuning.com in Oakville. I usually buy my stuff at SEM in North York www.semmotorsports.com. Of course, they all ship to any place in Canada.
  8. Scanner

Downpipe What's the best brand ?

My first mod was Unitronic's tune Stage 1+. To upgrade the DP I would need Stage 2 tune. The tune from 1+ to 2 was around $100 and the guarantee of no CEL with the same brand DP. It is a great quality piece, perfect fitment. I've already driven 15k Km, no issues.
  9. Scanner

Unitronic Stage 1 Tune Review?

I have a 2018 MK7.5 1.8 TSI automatic (09G). I had driven stock for 18 months and 35k Km before doing Uni Stage 1+ with Uniconnect cable. Awesome mod, but only after solving annoying misfire issues at full throttle. The 1st attempt was changing the plugs to new RS7 plugs which improved the...
  10. Scanner

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

A Fluidampr. Not with the expectation of any significant HPs gains, but mainly for overall engine protection, durability, reduction of vibrations, smoother engine. My 2018 TSI 1.8 is stage 2 Unitronic, DP and inlet elbow Unitronic. I expect/hope to ride as many miles as possible with this car...
  11. Scanner

Best wheel spacers?

ECS spacers 12.5 front and 17.5 rear for 2 years, 30k Km. No vibrations at all, good cost-benefit.
  12. Scanner

MK7 on Lowering Springs Thread

Another before and after. 2018 1.8 Facelift Trendline with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I've added the ECS wheel spacers (12.5 front and 17.5 mm rear) and the OEM GTI performance pack rear sway bar (21.7 mm). An impressive improvement in handling/cornering with basically the same ride comfort. My car...
  13. Scanner

FS: AEM CAI 21-802C for the Golf MK7

SOLD, Thank you.
  14. Scanner

FS: AEM CAI 21-802C for the Golf MK7

Gently used, less than 1 year (around 10K) complete AEM CAI. Increase torque, horsepower and engine sound. A new one is over $500 with taxes and shipping, I'm asking $300 firm. I live in Whitby, Ontario.
  15. Scanner

Downpipe reducer to stock TSI exhaust?

I have a 2018 TSI, now with stage 2 Unitronic and the Unitronic downpipe which came as a complete package (reducer, clamps). The fit was like OEM, easy install, great quality and results, however, more expensive than other brands. I'm very satisfied, in my opinion, the extra $ worth.
  16. Scanner

Transmission Mount Insert

And have you noticed any significant improvement as they say? Too much cabin vibrations?
  17. Scanner

Has anyone installed the "Torque Solution Urethane Transmission Mount Insert"? I haven't found reviews or videos on youtube regarding this part. I have a MK7 with Unitronic 1+ going for 2 with the IS20 and a DP. I've already installed an APR dogbone mount + insert with good results on wheel hop...
  18. Scanner

Has anyone installed the "Torque Solution Urethane Transmission Mount Insert"? I haven't reviews or videos on youtube regarding this part. I have a MK7 with Unitronic 1+ going for 2 with the IS20 and a DP. I've already installed an APR dogbone mount + insert with good results on wheel hop...
  19. Scanner

Recommendations

Hi, I live in Whitby and I've been doing some mods and general maintenance at Gator in Ajax. Nice and clean place, knowledgeable technicians, new and good quality equipment, fair price, timely services. A positive experience so far.