GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Wing mirror glass replacement

Hello everybody I am afraid I have to revive this post. Well the same thing happened to me, this time it is on the passenger side. (I am in the UK btw, the steering is on the correct side !!) The story goes like that: I washed the car but did not drive until a few days later. As soon as I...
  2. S

Where do you put your phone to be used as a satnav

I eventually settled for this one; it's somewhat bulky but doesn't hinder any lights or vents
  3. S

I assume you have a different head unit to mine. I don't have a USB in the cubby, I have an MDI instead and you cannot do much with it.
  4. S

How do you connect yours? My phone will not mirror on the VW infotainment unit
  5. S

Average mpg

Wow! In the UK, you'll certainly pay for that
  6. S

Average mpg

There are 3 mpg since start since refuel long term The first two are obvious
  7. S

Average mpg

Hello What is long term mpg? How do we reset it?
  8. S

MAF sensor on the VW Mk7 1.6L TDI

Hi Guys here is the picture? Is this MAF, MAP or other?
  9. S

MAF sensor on the VW Mk7 1.6L TDI

Hello All, I am a bit confused about the MAF sensor on my particular car which is a Mk7 1.6L TDI (2015). I am sure mine has got a MAF sensor (I will take a picture and upload it tomorrow) but I am assuming some models do not. My question is simple: Does my particular car has a MAF sensor?
  10. S

Hello all I am having difficulty as to where to put my phone (which I use as a satnav) on the dash. I do not want it on the windscreen or on top of the dash. I think there are laws against that as it obstruct your view of the road. I do not want it on the vents either. Though the fins on the...
  11. S

Wheel nut driving me nuts ...

Bear in mind that there are two different covers: one for the security nut and one for the hexagonal nuts.
  12. S

Thank you so much for your replies. I was thinking about taking it to the dealership to find out. I am attaching a few pictures for anyone in the future with similar queries.
  13. S

Hello All and Happy New Year, I just figured out that the locking key for my wheel bolts is missing or rather I have the wrong one. I have attached pictures of the bolts on the wheels. They have 9 'V' type grooves. On the first picture (the one with the wooden flooring) is the key I have found...
  14. S

What is this button for?

Hello All, Happy New Year. I have just bought my mk7 golf. I do not have the manual. I have found this button on the panel next to driver's door. What is it for? It lights up when you press it. Thanks
  15. S

Adblue filler location on 1.6L Tdi bluemotion golf mk7

You might have just provided the answer I was looking for. Mine does not use Adblue either. I was under the impression that all new diesel uses Adblue. Obviously I was wrong
  16. S

Interesting!! Is it the same model as mine: Bluemotion, 1.6L tdi?
  17. S

It is a 2015 diesel. My understanding is that it uses Adblue.
  18. S

Hello all, I just bought a UK model 2015 plate 1.6L Tdi bluemotion golf mk7. Its a diesel so you must topup your Adblue. As silly as it sounds but where do you fill up the Adblue? Where is the filler point location? BTW I do not have the manual for the vehicle. Thanks
  19. S

Oil capacity and torque values

Hello all and Merry Christmas, I own a UK model mk7 1.6L diesel bluemotion 15 plate. I am thinking of doing the oil change myself. I have changed oil on most of my previous cars and feel fairly competent to do so on this car. I do not have the manual by the way. I intend to buy everything from...