GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Dropped part of a zip tie in my gearbox changing shiftknobs

Remove the center console if you really want to get it. The worst issue it will cause is ADDing at new rattle point, lol.
  2. E

Flex fuel kit goign full e85?!

You wild 😂😂 You’re mixing 2 things with a unclear question and very unclear plan and reasoning behind the plan. Let’s start at the top- are you wanting to run and flex fueling tune (research what it is or just read what another member already said above what “flex” is) and asking about that...
  3. E

Adding auxiliary radiator

In a consumer user car they will prioritize comfort for performance. The design of the car and it’s accompanied systems that require and heat exchanger to properly work in our situation is - AC, coolant, intake air. Of those 3 the one that requires the largest deltas to properly work is the AC...
  4. E

Dropped part of a zip tie in my gearbox changing shiftknobs

Yeah it just fell in between the console and the carpet... it’s like it fell between the seat in a sport you just cannot reach. View from below *shifter box is not stock but this give you a reference of what below the assembly.
  5. E

NOOB to Stick

You have to lock the shifter in the car as well as lock the trans selector in the engine bay. And yeah as said above - if it’s popping out of gear that’s def. a Symptom of a very misaligned shifter
  6. E

What he is saying is that location wise a front mount is MORE effective and efficient everytime. It’s a heat exchanger - being sandwiched between to other heat exchangers is less than ideal but the necessary trade off for a a factory application. Now yes - stock location has more room, but if...
  7. E

Yeah, likely but I couldn't find it.

“Hey guys hold my hand on my terms,I demand and deserve it”
  8. E

CTS/OEM is38 turbo

Yup... my cars front wheel with stupid -5.4 degrees of camber and I don’t have traction issues in regards to tires fully slipping, caused Cobb tc is pull all the timing, lol. Sure it’s not getting full power (cars somewhere around mid 400s) till it stops intervening but it’s leaps faster than...
  9. E

EQT coilovers - an honest review

it was a lazy tech or one not familiar with this platform and they didn’t know or want to adjust the hidden eccentric on the upper bolt of the top arm... they only adjusted the lower arms eccentric. Also looks like thier machine couldn’t read or they didn’t calibrate for the caster reading up...
  10. E

Correct for coolant. Not for oil though, that why people will add Tstats when doing an aftermarket oil cooler on cold climates.
  11. E

Mevotech Adjustable Camber Arms

Just a little lower... Lol, This was the height when we set it to -3.4....aired out it’s around -6.5
  12. E

NOOB to Stick

“Ya BUt mY caR ShIFtS fasTEr FOr Me” He’s does such a great job with that vid.
  13. E

NOOB to Stick

Yup, as sad as it sounds... since we are synchronized, vin diesel was right - if you double clutch the 02m/02q/0fb it does make for getting the gears to fall in really smooth. I don’t find myself doing it on down shifts really since I having the single mass flywheel as a quick blip when I...
  14. E

Mevotech Adjustable Camber Arms

Yeah the stock rear is very adjustable with just the upper and lower eccentrics... I’m at -3.4 with the stock uppers.
  15. E

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Yeah I was gonna say I’m a slow ass home Guy and it’s around 1 hour of work Vegas dealer rate is 175 per hour!
  16. E

NOOB to Stick

I took mine out.... Going to put it back...but still run the steel line. by design it’s not a delay, once it’s filled with fluids (as the system always is) it’s not going to the slow the system down the same way the delay valve having the bottle neck point. I didn’t experience any faster or...
  17. E

NOOB to Stick

That’s called anxiety, lol. So in one aspect yeah it’s normal. What’s in a race car is an adjustable flow control, it’s not the same as what’s on our cars as nanny of sorts to keep people from fully dumping the clutch on a shift. But regardless the delay isn’t really related to your...
  18. E

NOOB to Stick

Yup, 1-2 is always just annoying on even the older 02Ms LOL. Also, He meant -2nd, I can’t take off fast. -
  19. E

Snapped Short Shifter Bolt

I don’t recall the bolt I used, just something I had around. I used an actual drill and tap set, I don’t thing a self tapper would be a good route.