GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
phant0m
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hello my name is Tony I have read all your comments in the forum about the eonon GA5153. I purchased this a few months ago for my GTI mk6. I was wondering if you can help me, I recently uploaded the Klyde 4.4.2. the load went fine but ever since then my radio does not work. I have tried all other installs even the recovery for KLD and still nothing can you tell me what im doing wrong thanks.
    Hi Phant0m,

How are you? I am new here my name is Tim and I wonder if you can clarify the following:

"Radio Reception: Eonon is working to get a new antenna adapter for cars with the dual FARKA/FAKRA/FURKA (spelling?) adapter. But for those with the original one, you must connect the two blue wires in the picture below (both labeled number 4). The on on the left is sort of a 'booster' to help the signal from the antenna. Just connect both those wires. And, for the time being, some of you will only be able to connect one of the two antenna cables (number 22) to the car's antenna adapter."

What I am trying to understand is do the blue wires connect to each other or do they connect to something else.

Sorry for the dumb question.

Please assist.

Kind regards,

Tim
    Hi Phant0m

do you know by any chance know whats happened to the eonon GA5153 thread? I have emailed forum admin and the eonon customer service but no response yet.

regarding the new cable you are testing, i was in chat with someone on XDA and they advised that wrong mcu version can cause the radio not to work so i would suggest you go back to the stock mcu but can still run kitikat.

i wanted to upgrade to 4.4 but because of this radio isssue i didnt but this person i was talking to suggested coudus rom but keep the stock mcu and radio will work.
    ****Date correction ****

Fall GTI Cruise

Saturday November 15, 014

8:30am - Meet at Cap Tree

Take Ocean Pkwy West
    Stay right on Wantagh Pkwy North
    Stay right on Northern State East

Exit 36S – Bagel Boss: 432 S Oyster Bay Rd, Hicksville, NY 11801
    Park at the far end of the parking lot
    Chill, Eat and or Fuel up nearby if needed

Head towards the Northern State Pkwy
    Take Exit 35N towards N. Broadway