Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Someone’s trolling.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I would switch from APR l if this real.

think it will require new hardware or would it work with current access ports?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Waitwaitwait. Someone explain flex fuel to me, because I always took E85 to mean flex fuel. Is this like, variable octane/ethanol content tuning, but all under one tune?
Correct. Dump any content of E in the tank and the tune adjusts to compensate on the fly.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Correct. Dump any content of E in the tank and the tune adjusts to compensate on the fly.
Thanks! This changes everything. I was thinking E30 tune initially, and I'd still need to do the supporting hardware mods, but this could be a gateway into way bigger things AND not having to worry as heavily about fuel quality/mixture.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thanks! This changes everything. I was thinking E30 tune initially, and I'd still need to do the supporting hardware mods, but this could be a gateway into way bigger things AND not having to worry as heavily about fuel quality/mixture.
Just go all in. Only having to use one pump handle is worth it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Don't get too excited now. Cobb has been claiming they are coming out with flex fuel real soon for years now. It's a known joke here on the forum.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Getting way ahead of my self but I am tempted to pull the trigger on an accessport and EQT assembled HPFP since the pumps are back ordered.

I’ve been itching for more power ever since I installed my is38. This seems like a great option.

I remember hearing / reading somewhere that this was a hardware limitation of the accessport. Curious if this work with any old accessport if I buy one today.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The flex sensor feeds the ECU. So not sure if the access port is the problem.

Other flashing platforms for MQB have flex. I currently run a full pump 91 to e83% flex tune that adjusts timing, boost, and others based on the "weight" (read % ethanol content) detected. 0 to 15 is treated like 0, so on to 100% adding at around e70ish.