GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I put some white lithium on my headlight level sensor to see if sticking arm was causing my AFS error

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Disabled my soundaktor, passenger seat chime, and activated the hatch lights for 5-light braking. Tweaked the brake booster settings but haven't tested yet. Would *love* to disable the door-ajar scream next if I can find verified codes.

What else am I missing...

armedferret

Ready to race!
Removed the failing deautokey license plate lights (flickering). They were benevolent enough to offer me a warranty replacement (which i had to pay for, weirdly....neat warranty concept). That one didn't even light up at all. Either just the bulb or the pigtailed one. Not that it matters the pigtailed one didn't light up, because it didn't have any capability to lock into the housing like the factory bulb plug does. It isn't designed properly. Or they sent the wrong ones. Either way, i have zero interest in continuing to waste my time and money on more "warranty" replacements. Back to incandescent.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
265/35 on 18x10.5 vs 225/40 on 18x8.5 for cool reference pic.

65D5F0BA-F2A8-4C79-8583-E0110A4249F8.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed the Osrams. I thought i liked the look of the classical mk7 projectors better. I was wrong -- these look great.

I passed the passenger headlight power cable in front of the long air intake box. It's lightly sandwiched in there, so won't get squished. I could have made it reach by running the cable along the back firewall but decided not to since it gets very hot there.

20221204_141545.jpg

20221204_141059.jpg

20221204_141046.jpg

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Has anyone tried the smoked dynamic mirror indicators from Osram? I have what i believe are dynablinks (it's been a while) and they are too dim in bright sunlight.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Disabled my soundaktor, passenger seat chime, and activated the hatch lights for 5-light braking. Tweaked the brake booster settings but haven't tested yet. Would *love* to disable the door-ajar scream next if I can find verified codes.

What else am I missing...

There is a “app” for the door ajar I’m pretty sure..

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That is very knight-riderish….. totally dig it!