8D4D4E46-66D4-4A0E-A57D-B7A4E0B1D820.jpeg
C7CB7AC7-EBE0-4A97-9711-5841C70FA641.jpeg
150E318D-BC50-48DE-BD11-42DFC5150982.jpeg
011EBF8B-FFB2-47F3-9ED1-8C951110B26F.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Cancelled registration on it because I decided to not be a pawn to the law of "must have insurance as required by law." Insurance inflation went too far this time and I can't afford $700 month insurance payments, nor do I want to. Treating customers like we are ATM's and they can just punch it whatever number they feel like. FUCK them greedy ass bitches :mad:. Thanks for pushing me into my dark side where I think evil things.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
$700/month is outrageous.

Being an uninsured driver could get even more expensive tho, good luck man, sounds like a shitty situation.
Honestly I dont give a shit. I believe in a fair price for a service, but not price gouging just because they can. I have VW's, not Porsche's.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Cancelled registration on it because I decided to not be a pawn to the law of "must have insurance as required by law." Insurance inflation went too far this time and I can't afford $700 month insurance payments, nor do I want to. Treating customers like we are ATM's and they can just punch it whatever number they feel like. FUCK them greedy ass bitches :mad:. Thanks for pushing me into my dark side where I think evil things.
That's 8,400/year.

These cars are worth between 18-28K.

What the fuck?

I assume you've been shopping around for a better rate?

JL33T

Ready to race!
Installed an arm fmic and bmp
4A04FEAC-5CF0-4516-8591-FB9D1FD1A541.jpeg
7.5 headlights. Everything went smoothly right up until it was time to put the tow hook license plate bracket on….and I used too much force and the damn thing snapped…$&@/;- now i have to figure out how to get it off. Not going to be easy on account of my Neanderthal self over torquing it. At least the fmic and headlights work.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Didn't you say it was $3,200/6mo? That's still a lot but not $700/mo...
And you should probably clarify for people here that's for 2 cars.
I'm going to guess that Houston has higher than average insurance costs too.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That's 8,400/year.

These cars are worth between 18-28K.

What the fuck?

I assume you've been shopping around for a better rate?
Yes I was looking around, all the other major companies are higher than Geico, the smaller companies declined to cover it.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I pay $650/ 6months on two cars.

Unless his other car is one-off supercar I don't see why rates would be that high, even adjusting for region.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Its about 540.month, but because I paid late last month they are requiring future payments pro-rated in addition to the 540. I am actually in College Station, home of Texas A&M University- College Town. They claim that is the reason for the increase. Also, my Jetta is indeed on this policy and is only about $65/ month of that equation. The GTI is the rest of it.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Yup... me, too!

I've worked in the dark by using work lights. Working in the cold really blows and rain is a total show-stopper. I've seen a bit of rain while overhauling my communications setup...

Great Googely Moogely!