GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

Ralphie_43

Car(s)
Audi S3 8V (MQB)
hey everyone,

i just read through most of the thread and i had a couple of questions. To flash with SIMOS i would need to use VW_flash? trying to understand what tools i need such as cables or the right software to make a new tunes so i can get started trying to tune my car. Any calcification / guidance will help i know this has probably been covered but feeling a bit of information overload going through what is 19 pages.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Android device with 9.0 or higher as your interface
SimosTools app off the google play store (for flashing and logging)
dongle (plugs into obd2, interfaces with app for flashing and logging and realtime gauges)
tunerpro for tuning

You can flash with vw_flash as well but SimosTools is a much slicker experience. Realtime gauges, DTC checking/clearing, log viewing, etc... none of which vw flash has. I think you can even set your wastegate actuator now as well.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Therealvrt
There should be 4 digits after your name, those are needed to add someone on discord. For example my discord username is "Bad Hombre#4813"
1667404110427.png

Alternatively it'd probably be easier to just create an invite link to the server and post it here

Ralphie_43

Car(s)
Audi S3 8V (MQB)
Android device with 9.0 or higher as your interface
SimosTools app off the google play store (for flashing and logging)
dongle (plugs into obd2, interfaces with app for flashing and logging and realtime gauges)
tunerpro for tuning

You can flash with vw_flash as well but SimosTools is a much slicker experience. Realtime gauges, DTC checking/clearing, log viewing, etc... none of which vw flash has. I think you can even set your wastegate actuator now as well.

ok so I would need to get
SIMOS from the google play store to flash + log,
a dongle (which one specifically?)
and tunerpro to write tunes.
is this essentially all i need
My car currently has a stage 2 tune from GIAC i would like to save as a "fail safe" while i get to grips on the tuning.
what I'm primarily looking to do is flex on my S3 i plan to get an autotech HPFP and maybe putting a Walbro 450 into my basket.
I like my current DSG tune, can I tune my ecu and leave my DSG tune alone?
FWIW: i found this on simoswiki is this what i would need to do to activate?
1667406268119.png

Thanks for your reply!

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Unless you have a dongle or flashing device from GIAC you would have to wipe and start over, no way to legitimately store off another tune. That being said I am sure the community can help you out. I was hesitant to go from UM on my wagon at the time but made the switch, and then I got help in flashing back to stock when I sold the wagon and got an S3, and then help with the tune on the S3.

Ralphie_43

Car(s)
Audi S3 8V (MQB)
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...e-tuning-solution.380998/page-18#post-7885021

Switchleg makes and sells dongles.

Flashing over GIAC is probably doable??? Not sure anyone has done that yet. Not all companies use the same process.

You would then have to completely redo your tune from scratch and enable/tune for flex.
Unless you have a dongle or flashing device from GIAC you would have to wipe and start over, no way to legitimately store off another tune. That being said I am sure the community can help you out. I was hesitant to go from UM on my wagon at the time but made the switch, and then I got help in flashing back to stock when I sold the wagon and got an S3, and then help with the tune on the S3.

I'm more worried about storing GIAC tune ( i don't have a GIAC dongle) so that i can save it as a backup life since i wont have a true stock file or a stage 2 file to flash back to if i have to diagnose something/ peace of mind if i mess up a tune i can run a safe file i know will work while i figure out the kinks of a tune. Is there anyway to read the ECU flashed file with the dongle plugged in?

regardless if whether or not i can flash on top of the GIAC tune is the flex enable really as easy as these few lines of code
1667414892160.png

@ShagginGSW what's done to your S3? Currently I'm FBO (downpipe + exhaust, intercooler, charge pipe)- intake (have a filter working on a custom intake), NGK R7437-8 and couple other mods CSF Rad, JXB driveshaft carrier and a few little things also.

Omlmk7

Hello

I have been searching to join the discussion group..I am eurodyn self tuning and hptuner, bootmod3 bmw etc.

I really like OS tuning but don't know where to start. I have got the open port tactrix and the ecu I need to tune is a audi tt with 8S0 906 259 N ____3 version.

How can I find a bin file and associate files to tune with tuner Pro

My Facebook and tuning work
https://www.facebook.com/lekphetomar

Thank you