GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Update! Clutch/flywheel, EQT IS38+, BAUN V2 downpipe and OEM fitment midpipe installed!

Just flashed the stage 2 EQT is38 tune. Trying to figure out how to check wastegate voltage using OBD11.

This was the best use of vacation time I’ve spent in a while. Learned a ton and now feel intimately attached to this thing.

I didn’t get many photos as I’m spent. Stayed up till 2 am working on the car last night. Tip, don’t put your face directly in the path of the TOB clutch line port when installing the trans. I was on my back using my legs to install the trans and got blasted in the face with a nice dose of motul brake fluid.
24239494-7C07-493E-9D1F-35DB714D375F.jpeg
4D5F567E-0387-4057-BA79-B54DB515CBE2.jpeg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Flashed to a 91 Stage 2 EQT tune for the winter. STFT & LTFT values seemed wonky, noticed this on my 93 tune also. -13/9 and 0/6 respectively. Jumped in the double negatives during reverse and at times when driving. Possible fueling issue or sticky injector? Anyone have a similar issue?

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I thought my longer wheel bolts ( that I bought to use with my summer rims and spacers) would be fine to use with my steel winter rims (no spacers) and lost my oem wheel bolts after installing the spacers this summer… found out the hard way the bolts are too long trying to drive the car after changing the wheels over. I heard a bad metal screeching sound and stopped before major damage but did damagethe threads on one wheel bolt. And had to go buy new shorter ones. Oh wheel lesson learned!

Attachments

• 6C316D15-867B-471B-9617-ABBA4DADB0A6.jpeg
    6C316D15-867B-471B-9617-ABBA4DADB0A6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
If you really want to know what it does for your body... lose it and then gain it back 🫣.
Go do anything with a 30-35lb weight and you will wonder how the fuck you carried that around all day.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving guys.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you really want to know what it does for your body... lose it and then gain it back 🫣.
I feel ya!! In the last 8-10 years i have yo-yo ‘d (both up and down fully a few times now ) my weight to the max tune of 70-80lbs 😫 variance.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
That and the majority of my car fuckups happen when late at night or I'm in a rush.
With kids sometimes is hard to find time to work on the car. I was running off excitement. If I start getting tired or making decisions I wouldn’t normally, I stop. I don’t work in a rush. I treat it like I do when I work at a nuclear power plant.