GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
Vortex STD at that level should be okay so long as you're on the latest revision factory PCV. There of course are outliers out there that have issues no matter what PCV/Catch can setup you have, and that's because no two cars/motors are exactly the same. I had tons of issues with blow-by on the original PCV (from 16/17 model year R), but installing the later revision Audi PCV removed that issue entirely. that was at 32-33psi.
Do you recall the Number on the latest rev PCV? I now need one for my '16 Golf R, ether going this route or with the newish.. APR plate and catch can set-up.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
If I was going to run a non recommended O2 spacer because I am a degenerate, I would need one for after the cat correct?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
If I was going to run a non recommended O2 spacer because I am a degenerate, I would need one for after the cat correct?

There is an O2 sensor basically on the turbo and then one downstream on the downpipe itself. You would need a spacer for the sensor on the downpipe.

If your aftermarket downpipe has a cat pre-O2 sensor you might be ok. If you're like me and the O2 sensor is pre-cat or you have no cat then you'll definitely need something

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
There is an O2 sensor basically on the turbo and then one downstream on the downpipe itself. You would need a spacer for the sensor on the downpipe.

If your aftermarket downpipe has a cat pre-O2 sensor you might be ok. If you're like me and the O2 sensor is pre-cat or you have no cat then you'll definitely need something
I have a IE downpipe going in with a high flow cat. I’m tuning with EQT on an accessport, it’s a 1.8T Sportwagen with the DSG and AWD. I just don’t want to look at the CEL lol. Will be IS38 with a downpipe until I decide to get an IC.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

typo here, you need a cat post-o2 for it to be able to prevent throwing a code

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have a IE downpipe going in with a high flow cat. I’m tuning with EQT on an accessport, it’s a 1.8T Sportwagen with the DSG and AWD. I just don’t want to look at the CEL lol. Will be IS38 with a downpipe until I decide to get an IC.
The IE downpipe will need a spacer I believe

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Mods in sig. Used launch control last night and got an epc light, scanned and had an engine over speed code and a turbocharged overboost code. I wasn’t logging but the accessport showed a max boost pressure of 35.1. The car drove fine home but I took it easy. Started right up this morning and drove to work as normal. I was originally tuned during summer targeting 33psi and the weather has cooled off significantly, last night was in the low 60s and 700 da. I emailed Matt already but I’m wondering if I should be doing anything in particular. I’m coming up on an oil change and plug change but I was supposed to go to the track tomorrow night with similar weather and don’t want to risk hurting anything. Car did a 3.32 0-60 spinning when this occurred before I got out of it.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Mods in sig. Used launch control last night and got an epc light, scanned and had an engine over speed code and a turbocharged overboost code. I wasn’t logging but the accessport showed a max boost pressure of 35.1. The car drove fine home but I took it easy. Started right up this morning and drove to work as normal. I was originally tuned during summer targeting 33psi and the weather has cooled off significantly, last night was in the low 60s and 700 da. I emailed Matt already but I’m wondering if I should be doing anything in particular. I’m coming up on an oil change and plug change but I was supposed to go to the track tomorrow night with similar weather and don’t want to risk hurting anything. Car did a 3.32 0-60 spinning when this occurred before I got out of it.
Matt will get you sorted.