GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just to make us all jell.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
There's no way I'm ever giving money to anything Elon is associated with. lol

My search started after considering a Supra. Then it expanded to RS3/TTRS. I've still not added any other cars to the short list and I've only grown to love the RS3 even more. I don't care too much about the wait. I do, but I just have to hope it's all worth it. There's so much love for this car from anybody that owns a new one and in every review video I've watched the reviewers really have to look hard for any complaints. I don't want to give up on it and I want that 5 cyl so bad. I feel like this could be my only chance to get a really special car and I don't want to miss it.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I've been very close to getting my hands on an RS3 lately. Two different dealerships selling cars at MSRP thought they had reservations backing out of a sale. They called me as a backup, both sales went through.

Feds just knocked up rates, again. Average rate in the US is somewhere around 5% for a new car right now. Bonkers.

0% on my Tiguan when I bought it. 1.9% on my Golf R.

>5% on a 70k car is a kick in the crotch. Takes it from manageable to almost unreasonable, especially when you have the credit for a low rate.
Yeah we just traded in a Mini Cooper for an X2 for my wife. 2020 with 25K miles for 5.99. My R is financed through my bank at 3.7- bought in 2020.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion

My search started after considering a Supra. Then it expanded to RS3/TTRS. I've still not added any other cars to the short list and I've only grown to love the RS3 even more. I don't care too much about the wait. I do, but I just have to hope it's all worth it. There's so much love for this car from anybody that owns a new one and in every review video I've watched the reviewers really have to look hard for any complaints. I don't want to give up on it and I want that 5 cyl so bad. I feel like this could be my only chance to get a really special car and I don't want to miss it.

I can respect this, and I feel much the same way.

Mark over at Savagegeese said the RS3 was a "joy to drive" That says a lot, especially considering how critical he can be. It really is just a torque vectoring rear diff with better power transfer, the only reason the car doesn't understeer is because of the massive front tires. A true AWD system would be sick in the RS3, though I doubt we will ever see one. At least not until we get a fully electric car, and that scenario will be a two motor variant.

I get the Tesla argument, but it's a compelling buy.

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
I too was craving more power in the hatchback format. RS3 hatch is never coming here, so I went for he next best thing, a 2022 TTRS.
I loved my Golf R, but this thing is at another level, even completely stock.

0PHGMMJ.jpeg

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
The other option I've been toying with would be to give up the ICE game and order a Tesla Model 3 Performance for the same price. Other than having a legendary car with all the great sounds from the 5cyl, it would be a superior car in every other conceivable way. Not to mention I would take delivery in Dec rather than playing all these games with Audi or other dealerships. I'm really, really, sick.... sick and tired of playing the BS game with the car market... and I haven't even really been looking at anything other than the RS3. The Tesla would be a faster car, you'd never pump another gallon of gas, and the simplicity and tech can't be matched. I still have my Tiguan for long trips. Of course, there are some QA issues that I'm sure I'd hate, but as long as they were willing to fix most of what I didn't like, I'd be fine with it.

I just don't know if I'm ready to make the switch yet.

I don't hate EV's, I just hate the Model 3.
You can't even use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, you are stuck with no buttons and a tablet controlling everything. Poor fit and finish that has been complained about and never fixed. Especially here in Canada the batteries are dying much faster then expected with colder weather. There is no dashboard which I dislike too...reminds me of my friends Toyota Echo in college...what a ghetto of a car.

I would heavily prefer the Ioniq 6 N over a Model 3 Performance, and that's all I am waiting for in the EV world at this time. I was considering the Polestar 2 Performance, but I just have trouble driving a Chinese car. It's still on the radar though

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
lol, I saw someone in the FB group trying to sell theirs because they can't afford the $1k monthly payment.
do people not understand what budgeting is anymore?? how could somehow go buy a car, fully knowing the price and monthly payments then turn around and find out they cant afford it after they depreciated the cars value? crazy world.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
do people not understand what budgeting is anymore?? how could somehow go buy a car, fully knowing the price and monthly payments then turn around and find out they cant afford it after they depreciated the cars value? crazy world.
Scene points. Taking it til you make it is a lifestyle.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I don't hate EV's, I just hate the Model 3.
You can't even use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, you are stuck with no buttons and a tablet controlling everything. Poor fit and finish that has been complained about and never fixed. Especially here in Canada the batteries are dying much faster then expected with colder weather. There is no dashboard which I dislike too...reminds me of my friends Toyota Echo in college...what a ghetto of a car.

I would heavily prefer the Ioniq 6 N over a Model 3 Performance, and that's all I am waiting for in the EV world at this time. I was considering the Polestar 2 Performance, but I just have trouble driving a Chinese car. It's still on the radar though

Good lord the 6N is hideous.

Sorry, just my 2c

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
if the kia ev6 wasnt an EV i'd be looking into trading my wifes fusion for one

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Where I live, there are only two Tesla dealers. One is 50 miles away and the other 200. From what I've read about their service, there's no way I'm buying one. To me, it's good as second vehicle or toy, not as a primary vehicle. I could be wrong, but they don't give or pay for loaners. I know years ago, crash parts were in such supply for certain ones it could be 6+ months wait. The dual motor Performance 3, the only one to buy IMO, probably costs $70K. Not worth it to me even though I can afford it.

As for the RS3, I noticed it had 369 lb. ft of torque, so you can tune your present R to the RS3's specs for a lot less.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
New common core math

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual