GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thoughts on the following theory:

Turbo came with an adjusted wastegate from HPA. When i ran the adaptation it was low, like 3.18, but it took and no codes. I was hooning around a few minutes ago and something that happens, not too often, but often enough to notice it happened. Redlined second, through a turn, and when I went into third it took a second or two to spool back up, that shouldn't be the case. Should I mess around with the WG?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
🤔 interesting. It seems you looked into everything I can think of, Which would be
Spark Plugs
Coil packs
Ground wires
Fuel reaching it's limit
Guess I'll be following this until it's figured out.
I didn't check grounds yet. That's a weekend thing cause I have to use that satanic multimeter. How I hate that thing.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I didn't check grounds yet. That's a weekend thing cause I have to use that satanic multimeter. How I hate that thing.

We all fear the things we don't understand.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Ayoo WTF!

I commented on the train ride home saying I will follow this thread.

I get in my car, everything fine, driving home on local roads car doesn't go above 50mph. Im at a red light and noticed a CEL? WTF? When did this come on? No issue driving at all, I give it some boost everything seems fine.

I make it home looked at the codes. Cylinder 3 misfire! What! Bro, is this Thread Cursed or something! How the Hell do I comment on this thread and end up having the same issue on the ride home?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
CARona is spreading!!!!!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Thoughts on the following theory:

Turbo came with an adjusted wastegate from HPA. When i ran the adaptation it was low, like 3.18, but it took and no codes. I was hooning around a few minutes ago and something that happens, not too often, but often enough to notice it happened. Redlined second, through a turn, and when I went into third it took a second or two to spool back up, that shouldn't be the case. Should I mess around with the WG?
If your boost and wastegate actual/setpoint are matched up I doubt it. Odds are your throttle closed for whatever reason.

Your actual problem is you're having misfires, right? But Cobb can't log those and who knows if EQT has messed with the misfire detection anyway.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If your boost and wastegate actual/setpoint are matched up I doubt it. Odds are your throttle closed for whatever reason.

Your actual problem is you're having misfires, right? But Cobb can't log those and who knows if EQT has messed with the misfire detection anyway.
More logging is required....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
penetration-oh-god.gif

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Given the cost of the kit, plus some international shipping, coupled with my skepticism of that kit actually doing anything asides from making plug changes easier, it might be better to spend a couple bucks and make a makeshift one yourself. Their 'standard' one, which they don't actually make anymore, should be able to be made pretty cheaply with materials from a local hardware store.

View attachment 262192

Jon, I can't do this shit. I'm a bolt-on boy. I don't make things, I just attach them.
I know you won't make one, but if you decide to I have a list of links for the MIL Spec wiring and insulation material they use. I used to make communication harnesses when I was in the Army and used to buy the same materials for my projects. I got it at home, so if you do send me a PM.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I don't notice anything.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I don't see anything either. Unless your not intentionally letting off the throttle.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Just felt like boost was slow to pick up. Was hoping someone would tell me to try to adjust the wastegate voltage.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Just felt like boost was slow to pick up. Was hoping someone would tell me to try to adjust the wastegate voltage.
The thing with hybrids is that it depends on the Watergate and turbo. Mine is at 3.07 and I have no issues