GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got it back from HPA after the bakes completely failed and caught fire this Monday. Deets in the build thread, but good news! There’s no permanent damage.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed a K&N panel filter from @jonyrace. Completes my stock intake upgrades unless I feel like dremelling shit.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah, I saw a post of yours on vortex noting that the 6speaker setup didn’t do well with it.

I want to keep the spare, so I may just install my current CW 12” spare tire sub that I have it the GTI now, since I can now build a custom setup in that ones hatch since I don’t care if dump the spare in that one since I don’t DD it anymore.

In lieu of coilovers I was also looking into just running Bilstein B8s and springs for the simplification and cost… what springs have you seen that will get me like 3/4” lower than the current GT springs? It seems slim pickings for the vr6 b7s with springs. I seen people running non vr kits and while it looks good I question the front to back balance when doing that. My mk6 gli has sportlines - that go low and weren’t harsh at all. But I couldnt find a sportline set when I googled it.
Yeah there are no Sportlines available for the CC or B6 Passat, which would be the closest cars....just Pro-Kits.

I tried a bunch of different combos trying to get the right height, honestly.
VWR's slammed it (I can't remember if it was just the back or the front, or both)
H&R's were too stiff.
Coilovers were okay, but could get a little stiff.

The best combo I had was (height wise) was CC 4cyl front Eibach Pro-Kit springs paired with CC 6cyl rear Eibach Pro-Kit springs, paired with Koni Sports.
26 1/4" FTG....front & rear

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/official-lowered-b7-passat-thread.6049844/page-121#post-106985130

Then I also tried some B6 Passat DriverGear springs paired with some Konis again. That left it at 26 3/4"....I tried both the manual and the auto version, as they ARE different, but can't remember which one was better.

In the end, when the wife started driving it, I had stock GT springs on it though.

I think the V6 Eibach CC springs should do the job though, paired with the Koni Sports.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah there are no Sportlines available for the CC or B6 Passat, which would be the closest cars....just Pro-Kits.

I tried a bunch of different combos trying to get the right height, honestly.
VWR's slammed it (I can't remember if it was just the back or the front, or both)
H&R's were too stiff.
Coilovers were okay, but could get a little stiff.

The best combo I had was (height wise) was CC 4cyl front Eibach Pro-Kit springs paired with CC 6cyl rear Eibach Pro-Kit springs, paired with Koni Sports.
26 1/4" FTG....front & rear

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/official-lowered-b7-passat-thread.6049844/page-121#post-106985130

Then I also tried some B6 Passat DriverGear springs paired with some Konis again. That left it at 26 3/4"....I tried both the manual and the auto version, as they ARE different, but can't remember which one was better.

In the end, when the wife started driving it, I had stock GT springs on it though.

I think the V6 Eibach CC springs should do the job though, paired with the Koni Sports.
I just checked mine, it’s currently at 27 1/2” at 3 corner and 27 5/8” on one -lol.
That’s with the fresh 245/35/20 tires.

So I’m guessing the full v6 kit would have the fronts close to 26.5? Then maybe run the rears with just a taller pad to avoid a reverse rake.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
cam cradle reseal

Sorry for the possibly obvious question, but is that just another way of saying "valve cover reseal", or is it actually a completely different procedure?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Sorry for the possibly obvious question, but is that just another way of saying "valve cover reseal", or is it actually a completely different procedure?
Our cars don’t have a typical valve cover. The cam girdle and the head are line honed together, the top of the engine is the bearing surface area for the camshafts. Basically means a timing job if you need to reseal.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@Diggs24
@Acadia18
@DrFunkalupicus

So bear in mind, these are me taking a picture of the screen….I can the minidisc out and send to my computer, but I’m not doing that right now.

Pics don’t do it Justice…. The screen quality is really clear

Cyl 1-4 in order…..2/3 were up
5E0DAB78-3ABE-4360-BBD8-DAF2BF21DAE0.jpeg
FFE9CD32-A089-4CEF-9E10-0715AA450C0F.jpeg
A5C6C856-5DFC-429A-B4F6-F356A4971597.jpeg
97D886D7-F675-4173-ABAC-014ADC5D32EA.jpeg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R

Diggs24

Autocross Champion