GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Doesn't Discover Care website doesn't show a map of the region you were downloading...
Screenshot_20220913-175458.pngScreenshot_20220913-175410.png

I chose golf from 2017 and Discover Media, then I was able to scroll down till I found a download that includes Australia 🤷🏿‍♂️. I clicked the download link and it started downloading. I don't know why they can't do this for the US 😑.

https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car/

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
Haha the US is crazy for trying to charge you guys for the updates.

I can download them off the website but I was giving the VW update manager app a try. Selecting a region on it is a bit confusing.
The Discover Media you selected is my current new screen, should I download that one?
1663121087647.png

or this one (my old one)? I thought you were saying to download the old one.

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
So have you replaced only the screen or the screen and the main unit? If only the screen, then download maps for the original device, since the screen doesnt make the change.

Paulo7916

Car(s)
VW GOLF GTD
Hello,

I'm new to this forum Can you help me with an MIB2 Update. My current version is 0343 (MHI2_ER_VWG11_S2125_1 0343) and I would like to upgrade to 1427.
(My part number is: 3G0035020J)

Thanks in advance,

GTI230

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTI PP 2016
Hello,

I'm new to this forum Can you help me with an MIB2 Update. My current version is 0343 (MHI2_ER_VWG11_S2125_1 0343) and I would like to upgrade to 1427.
(My part number is: 3G0035020J)

Thanks in advance,
Same here but how did you establish that 1427 is the correct version to upgrade? That one has a different string MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342

BryTiguan16

Car(s)
2016 VW Tiguan
I can help you.
HI SIM,

This is an old post so I hope you or someone can help me . Currently own a 2016 VW Tiguan with MST2_US_VW_PQ_P0245T. I am wondering what firmware I can download and install from mibsolution. I thin the firmware has to begin with P02XX (P0253 is available). i am wondering if there is a way to install the latest firmware (P0367 OR p0478)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 58

Wakizashi88

Car(s)
GOLF M ED TDI 2016
@mr-fix Iv tried myself several times and i think im getting really confused. I dont want to totally damage the car so please can someone help me?

I am trying to update my system MST2 - Discovery media

Golf M edition 2016
Device Part no: 3Q0035874A
Hardware: 820
Soft: 0624
installed SW train V: MST2 EU VW E0220D

Also i got the original map SD and everytime i try to update it says its capacity is full? how do i get around this please?

Any chance you can show me what FW update i need to download and install? im struggling to really find it. Can i install using a USB?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Use duke and Congo activator, it will remove CID lock. After that you can use any 3rd party card for maps. now your original 16GB card is little bit too small for most recent maps.

Wakizashi88

Car(s)
GOLF M ED TDI 2016
@mr-fix thank you really
Appreciate it. I used the duke and congo activator but not sure the FW changed? installed SW train V: MST2 EU VW E0220D showing as update required?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Activator will not update your FW. It just modifies currently installed one (removes couple checks and locks).
If you applied the activator, please try to use latest maps with any SD card. Maybe even USB drive will work for maps.

Just please remember that MST2 units will not copy maps to internal memory. SD card (or USB drive) with maps needs to be present in the system if you want to use navigation.

Wakizashi88

Car(s)
GOLF M ED TDI 2016
Thank you @mr-fix. Makes alot more sense.

Can you please point me to which software i need to update my FW? I got a SD card so i can use this to update.

Wakizashi88

Car(s)
GOLF M ED TDI 2016
Golf M edition 2016
Device Part no: 3Q0035874A
Hardware: 820
Soft: 0624
installed SW train V: MST2 EU VW E0220D