GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 - Virtual Cockpit - ACC & Cruise Control and other retrofits - remote coding - ODIS online

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
@simaservis1108 if I have a Canadian 2017 Golf R, does that mean I have MIB2 High? I'm basically looking to install the 9.2" glass display but don't want to change the unit.

Also after changing is it possible to just change it back to the 8" screen if I sell the car or do I need to do more coding to switch back?

Thanks.

jlk_250

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
@simaservis1108 if I have a Canadian 2017 Golf R, does that mean I have MIB2 High? I'm basically looking to install the 9.2" glass display but don't want to change the unit.

Also after changing is it possible to just change it back to the 8" screen if I sell the car or do I need to do more coding to switch back?

Thanks.
Did you get an answer on this? I am in the US and my 2017 R has the 6.5"screen. Thinking of upgrading to 8" glass screen. Maybe 9.2" instead. Digital display would be nice, but not likely practical.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Did you get an answer on this? I am in the US and my 2017 R has the 6.5"screen. Thinking of upgrading to 8" glass screen. Maybe 9.2" instead. Digital display would be nice, but not likely practical.
Yep. If you have the discover media pro (if you have the 8" matte screen on 2017 Golf R's in Canada/USA you do), you can get the MIB2 reprogrammed 100%. If you don't have the 8" matte screen you'll have to check what model your MIB brains are and they'll let you know. They need to physically have it in hand to do the updates/firmware changes/etc to convert MIB2 -> MIB2.5 brains. Cost varies but I got two quotes between them is $300ish (excluding shipping or dropping off+picking up). Screen can be found from Aliexpress for like $300ish. No idea if its support digital dash as I have no interest in that (didn't ask).

Probably going to do it just had some house expenses pop up so this is low on the list of priorities lol.

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
I have a 2013MK7 with Discover Media and Nav and have found an MIB2 from a 2018 R (Harmon unit) with screen etc.
Are you able to get CarPlay and Nav working once content protection is removed?