GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I get the sideview mirror glass somewhere for cheap?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I guess from the heat, the glass got unglued from the plastic piece. I have the blind spot assist. Dealer quoted me $130CAD. Seems a lot for a piece of glass. Anyone know somewhere else I can get this?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
When I do the power folding mirror mod I’m going with the euro aspherical mirror.
What it does is push the focal point out father so how it was explained to me once if you have the normal mirror and the aspherical mirror both set to same position and you merging on to the highway with normal you can see the next lane over with the aspherical you can see all 4 lanes over.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
When I do the power folding mirror mod I’m going with the euro aspherical mirror.
What it does is push the focal point out father so how it was explained to me once if you have the normal mirror and the aspherical mirror both set to same position and you merging on to the highway with normal you can see the next lane over with the aspherical you can see all 4 lanes over.
This. My wife had it on her HR-V and it’s really nice to have.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
I tried the euro aspherical glass. You see a lot more but I couldn’t get used to it. Plus it’s not a 1:1 image and the cars are much closer than they are. I switched back to flat/plane mirror.

You can get an oem mirror for about $50 from e-acca. But it’s probably gone up in price now.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I tried the euro aspherical glass. You see a lot more but I couldn’t get used to it. Plus it’s not a 1:1 image and the cars are much closer than they are. I switched back to flat/plane mirror.

You can get an oem mirror for about $50 from e-acca. But it’s probably gone up in price now.
Same experience; tried aspherical for a week, drove me crazy. Nice to have a lot of view but after so many years of regular glass I just couldn’t get used to it. Sold them and went back to stock.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
My uncle is considering the aspherical glass for the same reason. His friend got them and he thinks it is helpful. We'll start modding his MK7 after we installed the suspension and shocks from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler.

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I'm selling the side mirror glass in the classifieds incase you're still looking. From 2016 Base R. Heated glass, doesnt have blind spot awareness light.