GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire pressure sensors

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
I have had my 2016 GTI SE about a month now. Twice I have received a tire pressure warning but no tires are low on pressure

I understand these are NOT direct reading sensors but use rotation speed as the technology. There are no sensors to replace.

there does not seem to be a way to interrogate the system to determine the tire in question.

is this a common issue?

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
Yes I reset the system after confirming all tires are equal. I also bought a tire pressure gauge. My Acura tells me the pressure in each tire to determine the questionable tire.

Kind of a nuisance to check all 4 tires to look for the culprit. I have been giving it a quick visual check to look for obvious low pressure until I can get to an air compressor

Hope I am not going to have to do this weekly

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Maybe it’s different on my 17 autobahn but when I have a low tire it tells me which tire it is.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yes I reset the system after confirming all tires are equal. I also bought a tire pressure gauge. My Acura tells me the pressure in each tire to determine the questionable tire.

Kind of a nuisance to check all 4 tires to look for the culprit. I have been giving it a quick visual check to look for obvious low pressure until I can get to an air compressor

Hope I am not going to have to do this weekly

Acura is a different system.

Mine displays which tire is low, but not the pressure.

Not common, but there have been threads on this. It may be the ABS wheel speed sensors that is failing, which could be somewhere to start looking into.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
also have you hit the reset then gone for a ride? I remember reading in the manual something along this line

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
Read the manual and it seems I am doing everything correctly. No indication that the unit displays the questionable tire

it does say that if the system is malfunctioning that the TPMS indicator flashes for 70 sec

back to my original question is a false signal a common problem with my model

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Those sensors get dirty. most of the lights on my dashboard light up like a Christmas three.
Once in a while I remove them and clean with WD40. Last time I did it 5000 miles ago and no lights so far

Reactions: krs